Canandaigua 11/13

I was able to manage one more trip on Canandaigua Lake before putting the boat away for the season.

Pete Collin, Tom aka tcon and his son Dustin made up my crew and we had a great day fishing.

After checking the screen at the drop off and not seeing any marks, we shot up to just south of Seneca Point and started setting

lines. I ran 3 riggers, 2 planer boards with 7 and 10 colors of leadcore, 300' copper, and 4 wire dipsies.

Dipsies were 151' and 270' and 145' and 225' with spin drs and and flies. One dipsy had a 8 " pro troll echip white chrome/ crush glow and mirage fly which took a shot out 270'. We released that laker and then the rigger with the 8" blue chrome crush glow flasher with a Pete Collin hand tied tandem fly called the Supervisor took a small bow parked at 75'. The 75' rigger with that combo was hot for the bows all day, although the bows were small we had fun reeling them in, we nicknamed it the "skippervisor". We also took a small bow on the 7 color with a lil cleo. Lakers came on the the 300' copper with a glow double crush glow spin dr and mirage fly and watermelon NK 28 brass cup running at 69'. The down temp from from 45' to 69' was 51* and we kept our speed between 1.75 mph and 2.5 mph. The weather in the morning was nice and the water was calm, the wind did pick up out the south as we made our troll north with the wind. We turned back south at Menteth Point after Dustin reeled in a nice 5lb lake trout on the 300' copper.

we worked back to trolling south into the waves and hit a few fish along the way. Pete picked up another 5 lb laker as we were out in front of the condos. We ended up 10 for 13, five rainbows from 10" - 13" and 5 lake trout, two 5 lbs that I kept and let the other 3 go which were all legal size but just letting them grow.

100_3150.jpg

100_3143.jpg

100_3145.jpg

100_3144.jpg

100_3148.jpg

100_3147.jpg

100_3152.jpg

Mike and Tom,

Thanks again for a really fun trip. For some reason on this trip, the fish seemed of secondary importance. I just enjoyed spending the morning gabbing with a couple other hardcore fishermen, in an extremely cushy craft. We'll definitely have to arrange some trips next year!

Pete