First deer with the Hand Cannon

Lund SSS

Got out this morning and had the chance to let my S&W 460 XVR do a little talking, this JUMBO doe made the wrong move at about 7:30 and crossed in front of me at 45 yards. My ears are still ringing but , man did it do a number on her. :rofl::rofl::rofl:FirstDeerwithpistol12-3-11.jpg

Nice job. I had the privilege to shoot the .500 this year. What a sweet shooter. All 4 of my shots were in 4 in. circle, center of chest on a man target @35yds and that was the only time I ever shot that gun. I only shoot hanguns once a yr. Gotta have one WTG!!

Nice job Steve :yes: Lots of fun hunting with the hand cannon. I love my Rem XP100 in .35Rem and have shot a lot of deer with it. Congrats on the first of many!

Shawn

Well Mrs Doe......I know what your thinking...."did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I kinda lost track myself. But being as this is the .44 magnum....uuuuhhh......460 magnum the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question.....do I feel lucky? Well do you pu........doe?

lol

the hand cannon will be my next venture .....I already fell in love with my savage ml2 muzzleloader....nice donkey Steve....

Probably mine as well. I lost all my gear a number of years ago when my apartment got robbed and I never replaced the handguns. Been eyeing the Ruger Blackhawk and Thompson Encore lines ever since.

Thanks Guys, she was the first deer to cross my path in 3 years of exclusive carrying of the gun. I've shot it alot and can hit an 8" plate at 100 yards that being said it's still carries over 1000 ft/pds. of kinetic energy so they tell you at 200 yards it's only dropped 4". Aim center mass and let it rip. It IS a very heavy pistol and it needs to be to swallow some of the recoil but the whole shot gun thing was getting BORING for me ....

Not having a scope has made a challenge for me and that's OK. The gun will shoot 3 different cartridges 45 Colt, 454 Casull,and the S&W 460 Mag. The 45 feels like a 22 the Casull has a much hotter powder and kicks like a 44 Mag. The 460 .... Well at 2300 FPS muzzle and over 1900 ft pounds of energy you get the picture. Go to youtube and watch the low light shots. It throws a 4 foot fireball out the gun and yes my ears have stopped ringing finally :rofl::rofl:

• 1 month later...

I bought a Taurus Raging Bull in .44 Mag this year. :inlove: Deer hunting is a whole new sport now. killed a button buck with it at 35 yds. Made my own fiber optic front sight and put around 300 rds through it this summer. It was also my first deer with my own handload 200gr XTP, looked like I hit'em with a 20ga :o . Congrats on your deer. :clap: