Furuno 585 or 620?

After having seen what the 582 can do,I too decided that a new fish finder will be a Furuno, but putting a $1500 fish finder on a boat that has about that value seems a bit much. Does anybody have the 620? If so, how does it compare to the 585?

What mostly impresses me about the 582 is that it shows the rigger cables and ball constantly in the same place on the screen. Do the 585 and the 620 have that same feature or are they more like my Humminbird 575 which seems to just be a scrolling picture

Any advise will highly appreciated, Cornelis

I have the 620 because of a space issue. It works vary closely to the 585 except for the screen size and the 585 is a 1000w unit,..620 is 600w. You will not have problem showing the rigger balls if the transducer is aimed right. It has a great picture and detail on auto and even better detail on manual when you learn how to adjust the various settings. Not hard to learn, good instructional manual.

I have the transom mount transducer and it will hold any bottom depth on Cayuga lake at 35mph and show heavy clusters of spiny flees when they emerge. What I can't show is fish when on plane. Maybe I just need to learn how to read. :$

Go to Furuno's web site and down load the .pdf of the user manual and read thru it. You can't go wrong with either unit. ;)

Just added this pic: shows one rigger ball (only one deployed at the time of the pic). Nice bait ball and a few fish looking for a easy meal.

IMG_0519.jpg