Went out last night with 2 friends of mine one never caught a salmon before. Started at the boat and going by 5 pm set lines in 65 fow didnt troll for 5 min and rigger goes off, nobody home, 5 min later another goes off, again nobody home. Temp on top was 61 degrees, so I set my spread every 5 feet. Riggers only, havent got the dipsey thing down yet. Riggers from 20 down to 35 feet. Trolled around till at 7:40 rigger goes off and starts screeming, rookie on the pole, he tightens the drag down and starts to reel, run over and loosen the drag and the fish takes off, strips out 400 ft of line. Just put the lure Pro King, green and yellow hologram on not 5 min before. So he fights the fish till almost 8:15, too late to weigh it in :( ...34 lbs on the scale.... :shock: What a bumber.... :x but the rookie had a blast.. :D Those nights that you only get one fish are worth it when it is a quality fish. WIll post pics later when I get them from him...IMG_4713.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

I dont understand it myself but I guess its the rule and we have to live with it... but it still think dam what if we got it 20 min earlier we would be in 1st place right now in the LOC... But all in all had fun, more fish out there to be had so lets go get them.

Hot damn! Great looking fish.

I continue to battle myself about fishing after 8 p.m. This is the best time to find the the most hungry fish as it continues to feed throughout the evening and they tend to be much bigger than the rest of the pack that are full from feeding all day.

Good luck!