Slow start today but once it warmd up they turned on. The green water just off the real muddy water close to shore was best. Orange, cold, and firetiger were best. Caught a few on just about everything.

I was there yesterday and did not fish but its amazing what a difference in 24 hours. Yesterday it was muddy for as far as you could see (along with the 4 ft seas) and I ran through a snowstorm to get there. Today calm waters, starting to clear up and T-shirt weather by the end of the day.

If you can get out on the big lake at all this time o year, you'll catch browns and maybe steelies real lose to shore where heavy waves can be dealt with. Provided the wind is southerly in some manner. And you don't have to have the real early start.... Just hang and get some reports, then go out later if u can.

We were out and did pretty well 15 out 17 were boated most 3-4 range with 2 that were 12lbs.+ We headed west and setup by the washed out bank. By the time we were in front of maxwell we had 3 already boated. Caught the larger ones a little deeper. Both took a good 25 mins to land. Most productive colors for us were silver black and gizzard shad (have to buy a couple more we snagged when running our boards in shallow.) Not too bad for not fishing the area in 10 years. I told the guys next time its $100/head.

Forgot to take a picture with the other big one.

IMG954985.jpg

Here is the other one. I didn't remember taking a picture of it. I'm the 2nd one in from the right.

029.jpg

Went west out of the chute and picked up one fish between the trailer park and maxwell. Everything else was west. 13 for 17 on the day, it was real sporadic. We had the best luck on firetiger early, then gold/black and silver/black. Caught the majority of the fish going into the wind. A few fish were 6-9 pounds the rest were smaller.

Might have been us you saw...white and blue Triton 189...pretty sure we went past you guys just west of Maxwell. Sounds like we were a boat or two late to the party. We managed a handful of small browns that was it. Beautiful day on the water tho once things calmed down...first couple hours trolling into the wind was a little dicey...got the carpet in the boat clean tho! :yes:

Kyle

I was in the red Alumacraft 175. We were west of you guys most of the morning and then came back through maxwell around noon time. We picked up 2 on the way back to the chute east of the trailer park. The rest were all west. Has anyone tried to the east?

I am the 21' Crestliner hard top.

I saw you Bobber.

Chaos were you in the boat that had 6 people?

Ya that was us we did pretty well.

I was thinking of going east and trolling in front of the bluffs. I was thinking the bait would wash up and push the trout up close to shore. Maybe next time its a W/SW wind.

Might have been us you saw...white and blue Triton 189...pretty sure we went past you guys just west of Maxwell. Sounds like we were a boat or two late to the party. We managed a handful of small browns that was it. Beautiful day on the water tho once things calmed down...first couple hours trolling into the wind was a little dicey...got the carpet in the boat clean tho! :yes:

Kyle

I think that was you guys. Sorry for coming up behind you so close, my buddy was driving. You guys had your boat parked off the road to the Coast Guard Station?

Chaos,

I saw you guys park just off boulder and throw an anchor down. Did you have any action casting??

Ya we caught a few smaller ones ~12" off a krocodile silver with silver ribbon. We were cooking a little breakfast when we were anchored. I brough out my little buddy heater that runs off a propane tank. Worked pretty good and the eggs tasted great out on the water.