Lodging Fairhaven?

Usually fish out of Oswego. Well the only place I have ever stayed with my boat is filled up with outage workers.........

Thinking I need to push to the west? Any lodging recomendations west of Oswego? (or east if they are not filled up)

Just looking for clean comfortable place to sleep and secure area to park the rig. I'm not a big fan of large hotel chains for parking my boat at when I am on the other side of the building.......

Hoping to get out there the last weekend in April or the first of May.

If I can't find anything by then is the fishing still good second week thru May? From reading past reports it slows down with early morning being best?

I am bumming, but glad the local business are getting $$$.

Spike

Booked up at Anchor marina. Thanks for all the suggestions.

This will be my first time out of Fairhaven, anything I should know about the area as far as navigation hazards? How about direction to head after leaving the harbor (for browns).

The marina mentioned a public ramp around the corner. Is that a good ramp? Plenty of parking? Will likely drop in there or Oswego the first morning and check in in the afternoon.

Is Wrights landing open yet for licenses? If not where in Oswego can I get a license. I think the two tackle stores are closed up now.

Thanks,

Spike

The public ramp sucks if you have a bigger boat. The state park has a great ramp and if you get there before 6:00am there isn't a charge because there isn't any guards at the gate. A guard at the park told me that. I think it is only $5 to get into the park anyway.

Good luck fishing!

Brian

the ramp at the park is nice. only thing missing is a fish cleaning station. at least there was none the last time we were there. i believe the state parks charge 7 bucks for a day pass? like was said, get there early and there wont be anyone at the gate anyways.

Chris and Linda are great people and run a clean and friendly operation. There really is not a bad place to stay in Fair Haven. As far as launches go - the State Park Launch is the best for a bigger boat > 22'. However if yours is a smaller boat or lighter aluminum the public launch at Chinook is adequate.

The only real hazard is "Grass Island" which is 3/4 of the way up the bay towards the lake - it is on the western side of the bay and is approximately 1/3 of a mile long and a hundred yards wide running N - S. It is below the surface at about 2 - 3 feet deep and has a bouy at the north and south end to mark it. As scary as it sounds it is not something that will jump out and grab you - just stay towards the middle or slightly east of middle until you learn where it is and all will be fine. Also, it is a good place to target perch on the drop offs if the lake is really rolling.

You can also get your license right in town at Screwie Louies. Brendan will take care of you. His hours are 7 - 2 as of last week.

A couple of good people to talk with at Anchor beside Chris on the fishing are Ken "Mr. Clean" and Jim "Shadetree".

I will be putting my boat in finally tomorrow. Most people monitor 72 out of FH. If all goes well you will see a large baha with an outboard configuration out there with 2 energetic little girls. Give me a shout if you do. My handle is Morgan-E.

Good fishing.

Phil