Lake Erie Pt clinton Walleye jig bite is on

Mark Komo

Last night was a little better we went 5 for 7,all from 3 to 5 lbers.I got a report from a friend about action off Erie State Park Beach,so drove to Dunkirk last night,launched and ran to the spot.The eyes liked my thunder stick jr's out 120 at 1.6 mph.We marked many fish but only caught the 5 walleye from 10:30 pm to 1:00 am.Way less boat traffic as well,was nice being able to run straight trolling lines without having someone in the way.Back out Thursday night off DJ's Campgound,since I will be at camp in Westfield,NY.

Just back from Kelleys Island and what a amazing trip this year, over 100 walleye and it dident matter where you fished but Kelleys shoal on the east side was on fire. Trolled stinger spoons and mostly 3-d worm harness and had no problem getting fish. Wheather was great all week ,had a few windy days but still fishable. Was a good time and already planning for next year, I hope to atleast get to westfield a few times this summer and was wondering if anybody has any info on places to stay around there. Thanks

We tried out to as deep as 95 ft NW out of Barcelona Harbor on Saturday,dead sea! Got back to the harbor and switched over to the bass gear,tossed pumpkinseed tubes at smallmouth bass in the shallows.We caught so many smallmouth I lost count. Later at 10 pm we went out on Chautauqua Lake for some walleye trolling,weeds were so bad that we could not keep our lines clean,quit at 1:00 am.

Capt. Larry

Maybe try where the smallies were at 10 instead of Chautauqua with sticks and minnow baits (casting)... Don't know if they move into shallower, near shore waters like in smaller lakes in the evening. Good attempts, though!

We were fishing shallow at Chautauqua Lake,marked fish but to much floating moss and weeds to keep your lure clean long enough to get a hook up.I caught eyes shallow near DJ's Campground on Lake Erie at night a couple weeks ago,those fish have moved out already.

I will try the old sailboat channel going out toward the round house from the Buffalo Harbor with worm harnesses tomarrow night.

Capt. Larry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...