Mercury Verado

Frisco

I have a 175 Opti that has had overheating problems since it was new so after a long struggle, Mercury is going to replace it with a Verado or the new 150 EFI!

So asking people who have them is the best way to seek some advice!

The new verados are prolly just as reliable as any motor out.... the 2005,2006's were known for issues

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Bingo. Gen1's were pretty bad and were terrible on gas, the V-6 200-275's also had more problem than the 4's. I know some guys that had 250's that hated constantly in the shop but the last couple year alot of my friends have been running 300's on there walleye rigs and love them.

Yamaha makes the most reliable 4 stroke on the market though.

Finally reached a settlement with Mercury they're replacing the Opti with a new 150 hp 4 stroke. Didn't get out of it for free but the deal was fair. The draw back is that there is an 80 day lag because of the high demands. My fingers are crossed being that this unit is new. I would caution anyone from buying an Opti, the overheating problems occurred in the winter so what I'm trying to say is that if I didn't use it in cold weather the problem might not have been identified. Mercury worked hard to resolve the issue but was unable to fix or find the problem, but they did make it right!