Seneca 5/23

With a cloudy day forecast I was actually a little dissapointed to have glass calm water and blue skies as I launched on the lake around midday. I headed north and set up along the westside by Starkey Pt. Picked up several smallish salmon in 10-20ft off the planar boards. Made a loop out into deeper water and the leadcore fired with 6 colors with some heavy thumping but the hook pulled, felt like a good sized laker. Another pass out in deeper water with nothing to show so I headed south. Set up again south of Glenora on a deeper troll and didn't mark much and didn't have any releases. Ran north in shallower water and just as a nasty patch of clouds rolled over and a north wind starting blowing, the leadcore fires and I see a big fish breaking the surface 4 cores behind the boat. Then he submerged and came to the boat without much fuss until I got to the leader and then he went berzerk diving under the boat and then jumping again. Finally got the big boy in the net, a 6lb brown with 2 lampreys. Nice fat fish, the biggest brown I have got on Seneca this season. I made another pass through the area without anything and then headed south past the Salt Mine with one release and a hard thump on the leadcore but that was it. I did mark some nice looking arcs suspended at 30-50ft just as I was pulling gear around 5pm. Not exactly an impressive day with numbers but it was a nice day to be out and the brown made it memorable. I would definetly concentrate on the shallows more next time.

P1000675.jpg