downrigger balls

Guys, I know we may have covered this before but a quick search didnt get me what I was looking for...

What does everyone prefer for downrigger balls- ie weight as well as shape (ie shark vs torpedo vs cannonball)?

I have scottys, and a coated cable and speed temp on one side. That side has a ton of blowback with my 12 lb ball and I doubt I am getting down as far as I want. I am also interested in chasing those marks down 140-160.

I want to upgrade to 14 lb cannonballs at least- But I was interested to hear your preferences? What does everyone use? My big concern is spinning on letdown and retrieve and tracking funny. Those scottys are FAST so the fins and stuff scare me... I have ALWAYS run cannonballs but am willing to try something else if it works...

Thanks in advance!

I've run most over the years, lately I've run the 13 lb torpedos, a 15 lb shark, 15.5 lb torpedos and all have had acceptable blowback, but I lost one of my 15.5 torpedos last summer and replaced it with a 16 lb torpedo diver downrigger weight and I have to say that that weight blows them ALL out of the water as far as blowback is concerned.

I've never seen a weight with less blowback and I've had that rigger down 200' at times. I would recommend checking those out if you get a chance.

Tim