BIG GULL LAKE CANADA 2012

johnnywalleye

spent 5days catchin eyes and green slimy bass...if you ever need a va ca or a cheap canada trip you can bring your girl and fish while she stays at the beach..i went with 4 guys and we got over 40 fish...some up to 6lbs,,,best 4 me was 22in eye...we stayed at kirk cove and we where treated great by jim-n-claire....pm me and i can give the who what where of info...and so long 4 now;john

img_0119.jpg

img_0124.jpg

img_0126.jpg

img_0132.jpg

We fished up there a few years ago, Killed them with white jigs tipped with leaches, Minnows too. Good fishing! For those of you that can go further north up in Northern Quebec, The walleye fishing is just crazy!!! You gotta try it once in your life, Its awsome!

Hey if your at big gull lake you should also hit crotch lake for eyes and skootamatta for big smallies in deep water my nephews son got one over 6# about 5 yr's ago it's great fishing topwater's over 60' of water they really fly.

I haven't been to Kirks Cove in years, they used to put on a ski show in the summer. The first time I ever saw anyone ski with only his barefeet was there.

My grandmother used to the cook there and as kids we would be anxious to go and visit.

I'm a shareholder in a hunting camp on Ardock Road will have to go up and try the fishing, I wonder if you just stopped in at lunch time if you could be served or is it just available to the folks that rentcottages?

The jigs we used were just white, No feathers, Lindy rigs worked good too with crawlers, Also cought them on rapala f9s trolling. Minnows were ok, But about every other one was a pike bite, Cought a ton of them too. We found the best was the jig with the leach, There was a huge rock out in the middle of the lake, like an island, Everyone fished around it toward dark, We fished near shore just pitching the jigs towards shore and bouncing them back to the boat, water was only 15' deep. Nailed them every time we did that, Only bad thing about that place was the skeeters, Those things would carry you away. Did catch a huge pike with an ultralite uglystick rod, that was fun.