Billy V Cayuga report June 10, 2012

We left Myers at 5:45am and ran over to the Boy Scout camp and set up headed north. We had a slow pick of fish in 50-60 FOW until we got to Kingtown Beach. Once we got there the rods started firing pretty consistently and the fishing was good from there north. We took several big lakers and a few small Atlantics on that troll. When that bite slowed a bit we decided to troll over to the east side and try north of Milliken. We found virtually no fish out over deep water, but once we got up on the shelf north of Milliken we found more willing lakers (and weeds). There was a lot of bait and quite a few decent hooks over there - wish we had been there early. We pointed her south and trolled/cleared rods of weeds all the way down through Lansing Station and wrapped up at Ross Point at about 10:30am with a pretty decent box of lakers, atlantics, and a brown. On the east side the picture was best north of Milliken, and then it got good again down by Ross Point. We worked mostly 50-80 FOW on the troll south but ventured out to as much as 200 FOW at times, but the best screen and action was definitely in 50-60 FOW. The temp is beginning to set up and the fishing should just get better from here on out.

Best speeds for us were 2.0-2.3 mph on our IntelliTroll. We had one hot spoon today - a DW Superslim Lazer Glow Spook - it took 6 or 7 fish all by itself today when it was fished just off bottom on our Cannon's. Other spoons that took fish today were: NK Seasick Waddler, DW SS Midnight Special, DW SS Green Gator, and a NK Die Hard. We took fish on those from riggers and a 10 and 8 color core. We only had a couple of diver shots today, but those came on a Dalmatian Spinny pulling a Sigg's Rigs Blue Dolphin, and one of our favorites, the JV Cheerleader - I LOVE that Sigg's Green Hypnotist - it and the Sigg's BVGG are two of my favorites.

Unless I'm able to fish one evening this week we won't be out much until later in June. I'm headed to Quebec on Saturday morning to hunt bears for a week then I'll be away for a few days with my family. Good luck if you get out!

Fishing_2012_004.jpg

Fishing_2012_007.jpg

Fishing_2012_009.jpg