Okuma Blue Diamond rod series

They need to rethink these rods. I added two 8-6 rigger rods last seaaon and they both went back for warrantee replacement. I also bought two pf the GLT rods at half the price and they held up great.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Vince:

Yeah, that is why I gave the specific model I had trooble with. The dipsy don't seem to as many difficulties. I bought mine after Okuma said they had fixed the eye insert issue but, I guess it wasn't fixed. One lost an eye and the other snapped at the ferrile on a fish.

They are well aware of the the guide rings popping out and that is being addressed. As for loose real seats, that is an ongoing problem on all production rods but has not been a real problem with the Okumas. If its within warranty they will replace them.

Check out the newer Classic Pro rods. I am very pleased with these and will be adding more.

I talked with John Bretza from Okuma a year ago about the blue diamond rods and asked if they could look at the Fuji Silicon Nitride II guides on the wire dipsy instead of rollers. End product will be more $$ then the regular dipsy but would be nice to run wire line guides like these instead of rollers.

j

I talked with John Bretza from Okuma a year ago about the blue diamond rods and asked if they could look at the Fuji Silicon Nitride II guides on the wire dipsy instead of rollers. End product will be more $$ then the regular dipsy but would be nice to run wire line guides like these instead of rollers.

j

I'm in the opposite boat. I perfer the roller rods over twillie and regular guides. Super smooth reeling in fish and a tripped dipsey.