2 Lures, 1 Dipsy?

You could run a 3 way swivel behind the dipsy with a shallow crank bait and a spoon. Have seen this done on Erie for walleye. Maybe run the deep leader a little longer to keep it behind the high bait.

From your diagram I guess you might be able to run a slider just like you would on a stacked rigger line.......but it sounds risky to say the least and almost sure to tangle.

It is doable. I used something like this > http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishing/ ... t104616180 and attached one of my cheater lines to it. You can also use a folded clevis,..> http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishing/ ... t104616180.

I put a small split shot under the slider/clevis lightly crimped just enough to hold it where you want it so if a fish hooks up on that lure it will slide down to the dipsey and trip it. It's a little bit of a pain to deploy but after a few times you'll get your own technique.

I ran it for awhile just because and then abandoned the method and ran more lines ( that's another story). It's a way to get another lure in the water if you fish alone. I did get 2 fish on it once. Fortunately they were undersize AS.

BTW, you'll get more tangels running a cheater over a dodger than you will with this setup as long as you run spoons.

PS: if you are using wire I would put a 8mm bead on ahead of the wire knot so the clevis chafe the knot.

That sketch is impossible. The minute you pop your dipsey it will be a disaster with line twists and tanges.

The best way (and I learned this from a pro) is to set up normally with one lure behind the dipsey (using a fluoro leader). Then take a second leader and tie it to one of the treble hooks of the first lure - leader must be around 6 feet long, then you put on the second lure. You end up at the same depth, but you do get more concentration of bait.

That sketch is impossible. The minute you pop your dipsey it will be a disaster with line twists and tanges.

The best way (and I learned this from a pro) is to set up normally with one lure behind the dipsey (using a fluoro leader). Then take a second leader and tie it to one of the treble hooks of the first lure - leader must be around 6 feet long, then you put on the second lure. You end up at the same depth, but you do get more concentration of bait.

Won't that kill the action of the first lure? :thinking:

How would this work?

1.) If you add 6 extra feet of leader, how do you boat a fish easily when you now have 15+ feet of line post-Dipsy??

2.) Wouldn't it be dangerous for a break off by tying a leader directly to a treble hook (the barbs on some of my owner hooks are razor sharp)?

3.) How does having an "in-line" spoon add anything to the presentation other than act as a swivel?

Thanks for explaining this to me,

- Chris

Hah didn't realize we'd get into such a heated battle. It's fun to try to figure these things out though. So, what did the guy in the link in the OP mean when he said

Use a Big Jon Jettison Release above the diver when using mono and you'll be able to add a line above the diver so you can offer two lures instead of one. This is a deadly tournament tactic you'll only hear here.

I would just attach the first and stack the other with a rubber band. Just remember not to hook the cheater to the line. Rubber band only. So when a fish hits. There will not be a tangle... :)

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Use two dipsy's .....one rod main line...connect the first dipsy on a left hand 3 setting....the second dipsy upside down on a. Right hand 3 setting,...be sure to use a tandem barrel swivel to make sure they can act separately.

Then deploy as normal with a good bottom fishing jig rod (for stiffness :lol:)...this will give you a counter rotating action guaranteed to impress your newbies :yes:

If the rotation is too fast and wide just set on lower #.

Be sure to have the same leader length on each dipsy to keep out of balance vibration to a minimum.

Guaranteed to catch every fish around with whirling disease! ;)

Just stand clear of the stern when rig surfaces to avoid black eyes, contusions, and temporary disorientation as the spinning rig exits the water.....have fun, and no don't use a second lure on a dipsey...criminy sakes!

I'm really serious...and crazed....:drunk:

You could run a 3 way swivel behind the dipsy with a shallow crank bait and a spoon. Have seen this done on Erie for walleye. Maybe run the deep leader a little longer to keep it behind the high bait.

I know a guy who used to run rigs like this, seemed to work okay for him but I never tried it myself. Seems like the best option I'd think you'd want both lures behind the dipsy.

Or try skipper19's rig and be sure to film it and post the results.... :devil::rofl:

Use two dipsy's .....one rod main line...connect the first dipsy on a left hand 3 setting....the second dipsy upside down on a. Right hand 3 setting,...be sure to use a tandem barrel swivel to make sure they can act separately.

Then deploy as normal with a good bottom fishing jig rod (for stiffness :lol:)...this will give you a counter rotating action guaranteed to impress your newbies :yes:

If the rotation is too fast and wide just set on lower #.

Be sure to have the same leader length on each dipsy to keep out of balance vibration to a minimum.

Guaranteed to catch every fish around with whirling disease! ;)

Just stand clear of the stern when rig surfaces to avoid black eyes, contusions, and temporary disorientation as the spinning rig exits the water.....have fun, and no don't use a second lure on a dipsey...criminy sakes!

I'm really serious...and crazed....:drunk:

LMAO! :clap:

Way to think out of the box!! :rofl: