Keuka 6/22/12

Great day of jigging on Keuka. Hit Branchport end solo early but only 2 Lake Trout (LT) there. Not much showing on ff either. Headed out to bluff. Stopped at the tip of the bluff at 10:00 and things got hot. Had a steady bite right up to 4:00. Ended up with 17 more LT and probably dropped that many more. White ice tube on 1 oz jig in 85-120 fow. Some of the biggest bait schools I have seen on Keuka and the LT were taking advantage of them. Lots of suspended LT. Most of hits while reeling in. Biggest was 23 inches but a great bite. Lots of fun. :)

Woody - Only ramps I know of are at the extreme ends of the lake. I launch at the State Park. 6 mile trip south to bluff but well worth it. There is a small ramp near the Swiss Inn east of the end of bluff but it is in the catagory of unimproved. I do not use it. Probably good for a 14' boat. Too bad that such a big Finger Lake does not have a good ramp near its center.

Guff I have a 17 1/2 foot Spectrum and a 4 wheel drive truck so do you think I can handle that ramp.... Ive launched at little ole gravel launches with my truck and that boat so I should be able to handle it.... Is there a charge to launch there.... Thanks

Woody - Have not checked the launch out for a long time but there was a big drop off at the end of the concrete then. There is no dock. Would advise you check it for yourself first and if not feasible be ready to go to the state park. If you do launch there you can park your rig just to the north at the old electric power plant.

Harbor Lights Marina, right next to Lakeside restaurant and Jakes which is right near the yacht club both offer launching and are right accross from the bluff (on the west side). $8-10 can't be sure.

Guys how are the weeds on Keuka..... As far as I remember as a kid it was a weed free lake and Cayuga was Choked with weeds....... Im thinking maybe wednesday or thursday heading to Keuka to jig the Bluffs......... Woody

woody - If you are jigging, no problem with weeds or flees. Another great thing about jigging. Biggest problem this week has been winds but is supposed to calm down Thursday.