Cannon Dual Axis Adjustable Rod Holders rubber ends

These things keep poping off I though I put enough goob on them over the winter to solve the problem BUT today when it came off while pulling the rod out to fight a fish OVER THE SIDE it went...................so now I need a new end and a better way to KEEP THEM ON..................any ideas??????

Thanks

Ed

t400_1025756cacf888e81b587fbf82b38355.jpg

buy a two part epoxy kit from lowes or some hardware store. mix up about 1oz of the stuff which is more than enough to do every rod holder on the boat. smear the mix around the inside of the cap then press it on. it wont happen again! just tip the rod holder upside down over night to keep any excess from running down the side of the rod holder while it dries. cannon needs to fix this problem, mine did it the first day i used them and i lost one right off the bat! annoyed to say the least :@

Thanks guys was leaning that way or taking a look at a pop-rivet .....

Any idea where I can get a NEW end cap ???

Called Cannon customer service. They will get one out to you. 800-227-6433

Just called them It was NOT a customer service #.......... I was told $4.30 for a KIT .......OVER $10.00 shipping............I lost it , told the poor guy on the other end where to stick the end cap..............

Thanks anyway !!!

My apologies...I grabbed the number off their website.

End caps falling off is not a new problem to any company that uses them. I don't think the kit price is terrible, but that shipping quote seems high. I paid 20+ bucks to replace the little arm on my Big john planner reels earlier this season. $15 of it was shipping to me! I work in a supply chain, and I have friends who work for shipping companies. Those cost keep going up and up.

• 2 weeks later...
I sent them a e-mail we see what they tell me....thanks

I didn't get back to up-date this BUT Cannon came thru with flying colors.....answered my e-mail and asked for my mailing adress so they could mail me a replacement.......I did.....and they did..no charge !!!!!! :yes::clap::yes::yes: