Hot Lure: green SD with glow fly on dipsy and NBK on rigger

Trolling Speed: 1.9-3.3

Down Speed: ???

Boat Depth: 175-210

Lure Depth: 275-300 of diver and 70 & 100 fow on riggers

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Today made me realize how bad I need a downspeed reading and temp. Just havent invested in one yet...but the currents were insane. I was all over the place on speed over ground. running 3.0+ and you can tell your lines are not pulling that hard, cause the current down below is at your back. other times your running 2.1 and the lines are pulling like mad, as you go into the current. I did notice the best trolls were south or east....west and north were not really getting hits. Dispy were hit hard first 90 minutes, then went dead and the riggers started to go after 9am. Nothing big to write home about, but nice to be on the water. Sea fleas were still there, but finally swithed to the 30lb big game on the riggers and that helped. Divers were loaded though!!! Anyways.....hope everyone had a good morning!!!! :)

Days like today probes are worth their weight in gold, it was almost impossible to fish without it. I had to really crank the boat going west and going east I probably could have pulled my sea bag and otter boat and put it in neutral...

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Days like today probes are worth their weight in gold, it was almost impossible to fish without it. I had to really crank the boat going west and going east I probably could have pulled my sea bag and otter boat and put it in neutral...

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Totally agree......was "drifting" at like 3.1!!!! :rofl:

yeah.....put my money into a kicker motor this year, but over the winter.....its a probe for sure!!!

Went out again this afternoon with the girlfriend, before the wind and rain came thru.....got a few browns in 80fow...before the lake got too snotty to fish. The currents were still pretty bad, but did seem a little less.