Keuka Lake 7/6/12

On the water @ 6:08 this morning, off by noon, 3 "eater" lakers, 1 on a jig right by the Keuka Lake State park launch, 60' of water, first time trying this LOVE IT :inlove: , time to buy a auto-pilot electric motor & a bigger fish finder :yes: wind came up, w/o a electric motor or a drift sock of some kind couldn't hold on them :( , so I ended up with old faithful, "reel hooked up fly & a yellow racer frog Spin Doctor 150' of water & picked up 2 more. FLEAS are definitely less than say 2 weeks ago, in my opinion, I really only picked them up on the East side, minimal. At 11:00 sharp nothing but skiers, boogie boards, speed boats, jet skies, chaperoned and unchaperoned swimmers.......if it utilized water & a NEED to stay gregariously CLOSE to other boats it was out.............. I would really support a MANDATORY boating class........seriously :doh: then I made it to the launch.....OH MY GOD!, 2 wheel drive truck, bald tires, backs his truck in up to the doors.........what a show, backed up big time loading and unloading............did I mention that I thought the fleas were less ?

100_5393.jpg

100_5054.jpg

:lol: That's typical boat traffic on Keuka all summer long now. I'm now normally on the water by 5:30am and off by 9:00am. If not, I'm stuck at the launch watching the unloading/loading circus. Sometimes that's good fun to watch too. Thanks for the report, I haven't been out in 3 weeks :( . Hopefully Sunday.

Hey very cool on the jigged laker, :yes: yeah a trolling motor is almost necessary to try and stay vertical. Limited computer access until next week but I sent you a PM, doesn't look like you got it yet.

A good south wind can really rile up the Branchport end. I believe the way the lake is shaped acts as a funnel and concentrates the wind at the north end. A lot of times I have headed out to the east side of the tip of the bluff under those conditions. Again because of the shape of the lake, that area usually has about half the wind and waves that the south end has.

Also, if the wind is not terrible, casting your jig downwind far enough so that it hits bottom at the back (or front) of the boat, bounce it on the bottom a few times, then reel in, can often get you trout.

Usually during the week (not weekends) the boat traffic is a lot less on Keuka. Being the 4th and HOT conditions this was probably an extra busy weekend. Once you get away from the launches on the north end of Seneca, the boat traffic is not too bad because the lake is so wide compared to Keuka.

There are a ton (tons) of LT on Keuka that love to gobble up jigs. Good luck.

Hermit, PM sent, Guff, THANK YOU sir for the info, :yes: I usually afford myself a "Thursday" fishing trip each week, & am not usually "bombarded" as I was on this "Friday" trip. Definitely HOOKED on laker jigging & yes Keuka has a ton(s) of "eater" ones for me to learn on, & I plan on being the best possible pupil there ever was 8) @ Ed.........yes the fleas were less :rofl: @ Trolling Keuka ...... DUDE!?!?!?!?