How does a Walker adjustable line release work?

From what info I found on this forum and iBoat, one snap swivel attaches to the end of the downrigger cable, the other to the ball. Then it gets fuzzy for me... You take your main line (?) or you take your leader (?) and make a few wraps around the inside cylinder of the release (which end, white or black?), and tighten down the cap to adjust the spring tension that holds down the line?

Can someone enlighten me please? Thanks!!

11952.jpg

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

You've got the idea. You adjust the tension with the white end and you wrap and clip your line into the black end -- that section pulls forward to allow your line to snap in under the head of that end. The fish pulls the head of the black end out, releasing your line. It works pretty well, but I've stopped using the one I have in favor of a Chamberlain release.

You got the idea and I have a bunch of them I got with my Walkers but I don't use them. If you get a hit and you have the tension right it comes off or releases real nice as the pull is from the back. But if you want to release it they are not so nice trying to pull straight up from above.

The Walker release needs to attach to your downrigger cable so the white or adjustment end is tilted upwards. Let out the amount of line you want and just clip about one loop of line into the release. Don't wrap multiple loops. If you are not sure pull back on the release to check it. I've used Walkers for years and find them to be very adjustable and forgiving. They'll work on light line and walleyes up to pulling big flashers and meat on kings. Don't be afraid to adjust it and experiment with different settings.

The Walker release needs to attach to your downrigger cable so the white or adjustment end is tilted upwards. Let out the amount of line you want and just clip about one loop of line into the release. Don't wrap multiple loops. If you are not sure pull back on the release to check it. I've used Walkers for years and find them to be very adjustable and forgiving. They'll work on light line and walleyes up to pulling big flashers and meat on kings. Don't be afraid to adjust it and experiment with different settings.

Well maybe I will have to dig em up and give them another try.