Hot Lure: Green F/F didn't seem to matter what kind

Trolling Speed: 3.3 -1.9

Down Speed: tries to stay in the 2.2- 2.6 area alot of current

Boat Depth: 100' - 180'

Lure Depth: 80'-120'

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Lauched at 6am Saturday and headed out NW to 100', set up with 4-riggers and 2 dipsy's out 270' and 310'. all F/F White/white and green/green. Seemed to hitting the green on green the best so I switched things over to pretty much all green, after not landing anything even though we were getting the hits I changed over to a white echip and geen crinkle fly on the port dipsy out 230' no more than turned back around and it started screaming (boated the nice a king 20#+/-) set it back out and the 115' rigger took a hit green SD (mountain dew)and green and white custom fly ended up with a nice laker and released to catch another day by then we were out in around 150-160' fow and marking a few in the 110' -120' foot area down temp 44-46 degree water. took a couple more hits and released another low teen king. Headed in around 12:30 for some lunch.

Back at the lauch 5:00pm headed north, hit the 120' mark in front of the river and set up again 4 riggers parked at 100/92/84/77, F/F on outside and 42nd and NBK spoons on the inside, 2 dipsy's green/green f/f @ 210' and 250', had a few hits on the dipsy's but nobody home and then around 6:30pm the excitement hit and for two+ hours I could not get a break, had two rookies on the boat and between handing then poles and resetting lines I was busy. We stayed in the 155' to 170'fow and just kept making large circles, Shelby did a great job of not getting any tangles, but the rookies were having trouble keeping the fish on, landed a couple smaller kings and released a nice steelie to fight another day along with another smaller laker. Started picking up around 9pm to call it a day when the dipsy with SD (Mountain Dew) /green fly started screaming out 425' on the wire and still going handed off the rod to Uncle Bill and cleared everything that was left out and watched as I could see it was a good fish, didn't take ole' uncle Bill long to tire out! so I took the over, did want to mind you :lol::lol: but after a few more minutes landed a nice 24# king :yes: by then it was getting pretty dark so we took a nice slow ride back to the lauch. Was a nice evening out on "Lady O" and she treated us very nice!!! Made me remember how much a like the evening bite, first time I have done that this year!

Here's a couple pictures,

Dave

IMG_0046.jpg

Uncle Bill and a laker!

IMG_0044.jpg

24# King

IMG_0045.jpg

A little dark by the time we got in !

Either at Pine Grove or Mexico State launch. Pine Grove is about 10 miles north of Mexico and just south of the Salmon River. Selkirk Shores State park is between them but there is no launch there. Both are state owned and Mexico is the better launch and closer to Mexico Bay.

Pine Grove is usually free until fish show up in the river, then they man the toll booth.

Can't get a boat in there that draws much water.

Only about 3 ft. deep, if that, in some spots, 'till you hit the main river channel.

Pine Grove is usually free until fish show up in the river, then they man the toll booth.

Only about 3 ft. deep, if that, in some spots, 'till you hit the main river channel.

Agree with Fish Hunter, don't try to launch a very big boat at Pine Grove, plus if you go to Mexico you'll get to start your day off talking to Bonnie! She is a funny lady :lol:

Agree with Fish Hunter, don't try to launch a very big boat at Pine Grove, plus if you go to Mexico you'll get to start your day off talking to Bonnie! She is a funny lady :lol:

Yeah, she had me laughing hard a few weekends ago!! :rofl: