Hot Lure: MOONSHINE Carbon 14

Trolling Speed: 2.8

Down Speed: 2.8

Boat Depth: 528

Lure Depth: 90-110

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Ran north until we got to 70 degree water, set 5 riggers from 65 - 91. Started to put out a dipsy when the Silver Carbon at 91' takes of screaming toward the bottom, hit auto up on the rigger and drop the rigger next to it to 91', it takes off, hit auto up and drop the port corner to 91 and it takes off.............nothing like starting off with a triple on matures, we dropped one and landed the other 2, one weighing in at 28.11 the other 24. We would go on to miss the next 3 kings as well before setteling into a nice pick that would displace the cooler lid. The MOONSHINE Carbons were hot all day at 90 and 110 and the dipsys were very good at 280' and 325' with the white spinner with black & green dots and the Carbon 14 fly.

We were fishing phantom fish well below the temp. Short leads were the order of the day and speed and direction were more critical than location.

Carl thanks for the tip Friday night about the temps. we ended the day 10-18 with mostly matures. It wasn't until we were already out there that I discovered that I forgot that my Carbon 14 was stolen by a king on a previous trip and forgot to get more before this trip :devil:. Oh well, I found a black an glow 6in fly around 11am and put it back. Yes this is the one while talking to you was screaming and broke off and you started laughing :lol: Oh well tied up another one and took a couple more from it.

Again thanks for the Temp tip...

Captain Tim Green

Carl thanks for the tip Friday night about the temps. we ended the day 10-18 with mostly matures. It wasn't until we were already out there that I discovered that I forgot that my Carbon 14 was stolen by a king on a previous trip and forgot to get more before this trip :devil:. Oh well, I found a black an glow 6in fly around 11am and put it back. Yes this is the one while talking to you was screaming and broke off and you started laughing :lol: Oh well tied up another one and took a couple more from it.

Again thanks for the Temp tip...

Captain Tim Green

Tim,

You may need to get some Carbon 14's online, they are low in stock at the point and will be very hard to find anywhere in a week or two!!

Good for you Carl after reading some of yer latest post i thought you forgot everything i tought you...hmm maybe you did and thats why you did so well this last trip.. ;) Its never fun when the fish wont play specially with clients... it shure puts a hurtin on yer heart when everyone on board cant reel some in,,,,Unless of course they left breakfast on the deck :puke:

What size C-14 seems to be working?-might be heading out that way this coming week end. Thanks, -Andy

Nothing but MAGS for us, they were hitting all the carbons, but a homemade silver carbon was best. Here is a pic of the 2 hottest setups from the weekend for us:

lures.jpg