Species Breakdown: KINGS, STEELHEAD

Hot Lure: dreamweaver pinkeye mag, Mtn dew spiny and adrenaline fly

Trolling Speed: 2.6 2.8 sog gps

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 200 to 375

Lure Depth: 60 to 80

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Took Steve, a newbie out to get him introduced to salmon IN the lake and get them BEFORE they turn into zombies :lol: ..Heading out of port took a right and went down to the glass house and set out 6 lines in front of the glass house trolling north east. The three riggers run clean off the ball with spoons, two divers out 180 and 240 f/f combos, one 400 copper pulling meat off a protroll/Rhys Davis rig down the shoot. The troll was a little slow on hits at first, some streakers coming and leaving, figured the full moon had the fish full from nite feeding so kept going deeper north east. Turned on the black box just to see if the streakers would stay longer and hit. Not sure if it was its "black magic " but can't say it was worse cause it got better! Once we hit 325 out to 375 fish were coming in and on the attack. The dreamweaver pink eye mag got mvp on the spoons. Took a steelhead and king at 75 ft. The meat took a couple hits and was responsible for one king and a hit. The Mtn dew spiny good for a hit and run and a loss and a very nice 28 lb king to the boat. Later put down a steelhead spread off the riggers but never really got out to deeper water for them due to my dispatch ruining the day with "we got a load we need picked up" :dull:...well it was fun while it lasted and boated one more steelie on a moonshine RV hotlips.

Steve was impressed with the quality of the fish and could not beleive the power they had in the lake. All of the kings were too much for him, as he could not quite get the hang of the rythym of the rod and reeling process. He handed the kings over to me and said "I need to see how this is done" it was fun but was like fishing solo...almost. the big king ran 750 ft off The diver rod that was out 240 and took 45 minutes to the net.

IMAG1224.jpg

free image hosting

IMAG1227.jpg

upload photo

IMAG1233.jpg

image hosting

Skipper's catches of the day

IMAG1242.jpg

upload photo

Head study on the 28 lbr...nice coloring

====================

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Awesome report, we just installed are black box 2 weeks ago so hopefully its going to help us take more hits. Really excited for the next 2 months of fishing

Hope it helps to get the fish to stay in the rigger spread for ya. Can't say for sure that it makes the fishing better but it has never turned fish off for sure. At least it lets you see the charge on the cables related to the water chemistry and the boat with its polarity as it sits in the water. My boat typically will read around positive .175 to .260 on the natural setting. Depends on length of cable out and day to day changes in weather and water chemistry. I usually check it when I see fish coming into the riggers and diving away without hitting. I don't worry too much as long as the natural voltage is not negative or close to neural.

When I turn some heat on it I go with about 0.600 positive volt on all the cables. Suppose to make the salmon feel comfy. They are very sensitive to electrical magnetics. After all they do use magnetism as guidance from the Earth. Can't hurt but negative voltage I understand is very uncomfortable to a fish in it's sensory lateral line. They can feel the impulse from bait from hundreds of feet away according to scientists.

Good luck Koot!

Mark