Seneca 8-7-12

Had some returning clients yesterday (7th) and they showed up early! Just how I like it. We left the dock a half hour sooner, which it really didn't matter with the sun so high and lake so flat at 3 pm. We ran north 7 miles or so and set up shop in the middle of the lake. Parked the probe at the thermo and let out the 7 color, ten color core. 200/ 300 copper, dipsys at 250 mag 1.5 and 260 mag 1.5, dipsys 225 001 at 2.5 and 255 001 at 2.5(these didnt touch one fish), We trolled our way north in search of bigger bait pods. I knew we needed the sun to start to set and I was right, at about 5 the rods started popping, one right after another. All BIG lake trout today. I have never had so many lunkers in one day. I wish I could of fought some of these pigs. averaging 7-10 pounds with a couple over.. Mostly females full of eggs.. All stockies too which was odd... Most of my big fish this year have no clips.. These all did.

riggers were parked at 130 with a white green dot SD with white A-TOM-MIK halo fly. the 250 dipsy with the same setup. the other with a green nuc e chip with whoopie goldberg fly..

Hot spoons were the chicken wing in all flavors and the michigan stinger steelie stomper. Hot rainbow producer was the MS copper mass confusion. ran at the thermo at around 40-55 feet dpending where on the lake we were..

To make it better, I had a friend home from Virginia who had the summer off from teaching, and I asked if he wanted to help out. He has never fished on my boat let alone trolled. He had a blast, by the end of the trip the clients were telling him to wind fish in. I had him setting riggers, coppers, cores and even dipsys by the end of the trip.. I think I HOOKED another one!!!! He is ready for more but has to go back home this weekend.

We hit fish right up till the end. A great day on the water, unfortunately I only got one picture of one of the doubles that was a slob. Hope to get an email with more pics from the guys!

Hot area was 400 FOW fishing 40-130 down at ball speed of 2 MPH. hit fish on outside and inside turns..

Nick

Here is the one shot..

doube.jpg