Open Communication

I agree with Tom and the Cold Steel Team open communication blows!

It is this rule that kept us from fishing the Niagara tournament. I don't know if we will fish Oswego now that there is open communication there as well. Too bad people just can't play fair.

Also if the rules are the same,inside the pier head by 2pm, how is it fair for the boats fishing out of Mexico to get to Oswego weigh in site in time??? With traffic in Oswego it can take quite some time to get to Oswego. Will there be a weigh in site in Mexico?

HI Pete,

It is my understanding that the deadline to be in line for the weigh in is being looked at for the Oswego tournament. While the distance to drive between Olcott and Wilson is not a problem the distance between Oswego and Mexico might be, so it might be changed slightly to allow for that.

Like I said earlier.....give it a try this year. If you still don't like it, get involved and change it for next year.

As long as everyone abides by the rules and they are simple and easy to follow I don't see how anyone can say its "unfair".

Guest noreaster

Hey Pete

I am on your side. The open communication rule is the one rule that will keep my team from entering any of the Pro-Ams.

Why should we be forced to accept a west end rule that we don't need, If the west want's a open chat rule then keep it down their. I take a firm stand on this topic, and will offend anyone on the topic.

I see the spiralling demise of these tournament's in the near future. I have no trouble playing by the rules but will be forced to abandon this tourney in the future.

In the past five year's what has been the biggest dispute out of the east pro-am?

RED

Red: I agree with you 100% A lot I've talked to both Pro & Am aren't doing it this year because of that rule. The rest of the new rule package are a great effort to get things unified for all 4 ports. But open comm? I don't think so.

Tournaments should be closed communication except for emergency situations ONLY! If I'm going to enter a tounament, it's for my own gratification as to how well I or my group performs. I don't want to win a tounament by using others information. I feel enough info is given behind closed doors during the tornaments that the radio is not needed. We all spend many hours out there trying to be the best at what we do. Thats why we enter TOURNAMENTS . Isn't it for the GLORY? Or is it for the $$$$.

Capt. Randy

Hit or Miss:

Could not agree with you more !!!

The Cold Steel will spend ample dollars to compete, I couldn't even tell you what the final bill is per event cause I do not know, it does not matter!! Some extra coin is nice, we all will admit, but most I know will happily continue to feed that expenditure to continue to compete for Prestige !!! I have felt bad since my initial post due to the fact I should get off my ass and make my feelings known, I have no excuse not to get out there and get to some meetings and make a stand, Paul is right, it is easy to sit here and complain behind the keyboard. It's about the pristige to the serious, it's about the coin to those who choose to bend the rules.

Tom,

well said. Like I said before - it's the prestige not the money! If you can not try to do it on your own (without communication) then why try! No gratifaction in placing with someone elses help, and on the flip side what fun is it to compete against a group of guys working together?

The way I look at a true pro/am it's -run what you brung, balls to the wall, go big or stay home, let's see what you got! Not hey man what you doing, Joe has 3 on spin doctors, 150' off the ledge is hot - that's just another day not competition!

I will be probably pulling out from the pro/ams if the communication rule is not changed.

How is open communication ever going to work? I don't want to know WHO HAS WHAT and if I'm doing quite well I'm sure as hell going to keep my mouth shut. Although if my BUDDY is struggling I assume it is My obligation to help him win ??? Or possibly create an ENEMY!!!

I just don't understand ! I don't think if I was fishing the WHITE MARLIN OPEN with a Calcutta of over a possible million dollars I'd tell my GRANDMOTHER what was going on !!!!

Enough said Capt. Randy