Total Boated: 7

Species Breakdown: kings and steel

Hot Lure: mag moonshine uv series and cutbait

Boat Depth: 150-500

Lure Depth: 80-100 rigger and dipseys 190-260

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

A fairly productive day out of the oak today. We started in 160 fow and pointed north. Again as soon as I crossed the 26.2 n line I had fish going working 11-12 w. I had salmon of all year classes and some decent steelies, but no good majors. I left fish to find bigger fish north but only found more steel. I stacked my riggers with mag spoons, and had a deep dipsey with meat and a higher dipsey with a flasher fly all am. Easily my best setup was a mag uv moonshine on the 100 rigger.

There was 2 clear lines of fish at 26 and 28 north that guys were working. I heard of a few majors but not a ton. Interestingly I had an 8 lb buck king that was clearly ready to spawn???

We kept a few tender 5-9 lb fish for the grill and the rest were released.

Back at it on Saturday. Good luck everyone

Abe

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Keep those dipsys out all day with flasher combos for the big kings. Run them between 200' and 280' back on a 2 setting. Don't troll in a straight line and you will increase your chances of a big guy..........even on little fish days like today!!

Ps. Which MS RV was working at 100', never got a rigger to fire below 82' today?

Ps. Which MS RV was working at 100', never got a rigger to fire below 82' today?

I call it the pepperoni- it is orange and has a fish painted on with the ub tape over that. All I know is I got it at captains cove and I hope they have a bunch more cause I had 2 bit off just today.

:yes: good report Abe. One of these days I need to get out to the Oak where I hear the fishing is actually somewhat consistent.

I come every August now. The thing I like is that it drops off a lot quicker and there are more guys out so it is waaaaay easier to figure out the off shore bite when the inside is dead