Total Boated:3

Species Breakdown:Salmon

Hot Lure: flsher/fly

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.0....2.6

Boat Depth:70 to 90

Lure Depth:60 to 70

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS...... I did solo trip sat afternoon,,,and After trolling for 2 hours without a bite, and marking fish down 80, 90 100, 110 in 90 to 150 fow with no takers....decided to make a move. Down temp/speed probe acting up....marine radio wouldn't work....FF would quit marking bottom on and off....things wern't looking to good for me. I pulled up my 3 rods...and started cruising into a new location ...and on the way ....Wow...the screen lit up ... bait everywhere, and nice BIG fishmarks.I was in 80 fow. Trolled in that area for the next 2 hours , fighting 5 , landing 3 . Lost one bomber when both dipsey's took off screaming...but only managed landing one of that double.

Those fish were feeding heavy!! 25 lb female and 2 20lb/21lb males were FULL of alewives. Fun time out on the big lake.

====================

DSCF1627.jpg

DSCF1632.jpg

We fished the same depths Friday afternoon with the same scenario. Tons of bait on bottom and plenty of kings and browns willing to play. Most fish in the 80 to 85 foot range for us.

Saturday we tried out deep looking for the bigger kings, but had limited success.

Sunday morning we picked at them out in the 130 to 140 foot range, but ended up back in the 90 foot of water range. Tons of bait still there and fish at the 75 to 85 foot range.

Best part of fishing shallow is we were mostly alone. The fleet was packed out past the 110 water most of the time.

Great job

I have to tell you that unless you found that perfect area you could be out there washing lures for a long time with little results when there is a lot of boat traffic I'm not a pack follower so I target areas away from the pack. Its great to make that move and it can be very productive and less hectic.

Great job

I have to tell you that unless you found that perfect area you could be out there washing lures for a long time with little results when there is a lot of boat traffic.

this was us on sunday. 0/4 lost every fish that hit, usually after we took a few cranks in. tons of boats tons of marks and tons of bait. saw some others land one here and there.

Great job! It sure isnt easy doing it alone!

Hey ryanrobb.....Thanks....yes it is a lot of "work" salmon trolling solo....but it can be a lot of fun . I just try to keep a clear head, and "work" at a slower pace , while rigging rods,and setting out the lines on the dipsey's ,riggers, boards,changing lures etc.. The hardest parts are keeping the boat on course while fighting fish(no auto pilot), and the "moment of truth" as you try and get those big ones into the net. Timing is key for One hand netting of salmon!

Great job

I have to tell you that unless you found that perfect area you could be out there washing lures for a long time with little results when there is a lot of boat traffic.

this was us on sunday. 0/4 lost every fish that hit, usually after we took a few cranks in. tons of boats tons of marks and tons of bait. saw some others land one here and there.

BrokeOff...sorry about that 0/4...ouch. That happened to icedd and I a week ago sat ...we were 3/3 0n nice kings ...then the dropsey's started and we lost the next 3 fish sat., then the first one sunday morning...4 straight lost !

Workhardplayharder...BrokeOff...if i'm in the pack , or heavy boat traffic, marking lots of bait and fish and not hooking up....and very few fish are being hooked up by the other boats....I"m going HUNTING !!!!

choo choo me and kowboy go out together and always looking for another guy! ever interested get a hold of me! invites there![/quote

hey minnow....thanks for the invite....i might take you up on that offer someday. Good luck to you and kowboy.