Lake O Fishing Book

Great Lakes Salmon and Trout Fishing by Dan Keating & Chip Porter

http://bluehorizonsportfishing.net/books-and-dvds/book-1.html?99442fec65e0565b58159c3121c2ed84=2b11628a382aecac3e470230af0a3a06

The names and patterns change too fast to make many books. The best I've found is a combination of this site and At The Oak - http://www.attheoak.com/spoons.html

• 2 months later...

I am looking at Capt. Keatings books/DVDs for xmas presents. Can anyone tell me if the info on the DVDs is the same as the books or is it different? Any help is appreciated.

Screamin' Reels,

DJ

The dvds provide the same information as the books but don't go into the same level of detail. They're shot on his boat while fishing, demonstrating the various techniques and equipment.

I'm more of a book learner and picked up both books last Christmas season when they had a sale (posted here actually, search for the one post by user "Dan Keating"). I bought the dvds later for my fishing partner to watch since he's more of a visual learner. I thought the dvds were a good compliment to the books.

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up getting the Dan Keating Books and DVD's for xmas presents! My wife heard me talking about them for someone else and low and behold I found them under the tree!! The books are great reads with tons of info. The DVD's are good but don't go into anywhere near the detail the books do. I read the books first and then watched the DVD's, that helped me vsiualize what I was reading. If you can swing it I would definitely recommend the combo, but if you are only going to get one or the other I would definitely choose the books.

Screamin' Reels,

DJ