Trailer Boat Troubles.

jimski2

Now is the time to start doing something. Not next Fourth of July when you want your family to go out in your family boat. Boat ramps across the state are unusable now due to the Great Lakes returning to lower levels. They were installed and engineered when the lakes were three foot higher but now so shallow as boats are hitting their propellers on shallow bottoms, ripping their trailer wheels off their trailers as the trailer drops off the end of the concrete pads and will not float their boats or are unable to float their boats back on the trailers. The channels from the ramps are also too shallow to enter the lakes.

Our Federal Government Agencies have shanghied our dredging funds to build fifty foot channels in Texas and the Carolinas so the new Panamax ships built in Asia will be able to unload their cars, appliances and clothing closer to customers and ignored our Great Lakes waterways. Our state representatives are not getting involved and our local governments can not afford to take on these projects.

A lot of contractors and unemployed workers need jobs and this is a needed opportunity to keep our waterfronts productive. Now, not next summer, we need to push for a return of our registration fees, sales taxes, gasoline taxes to the people that pay for them.

I totally agree and might add, this is a prime time to re-build breakwalls,repair(or install new) launch ramps. As a home owner on Lake O, I am going to take advantage of a low water situation. My X-Mas wish for 2013 is a high enough water leval, for marinas and fishermen to enjoy the best fishery! 246-248 feet above sea leval, for the ENTIRE season. Steve.................

A moderate north east wind on Sunday 12/9 exposed a lot of rocks, reefs etc on the eastern basin of Lake Erie. I saw things that I have never seen in the 50 years I have been around. Keep hoping for a lot of rain or snow this winter. At least they got a start in the upper basin in the past couple days which helps the cause.

Not to be pro or anti any person or party. I will contact Senator Joseph Robach on the low water issue and start with him. He ran unopposed this past election. I have had favorable results from Joe in the past on other issues. I implore each reader of this post to do likewise with politicians. Personnally I have sat idle and am GUILTY of thinking"someone else will do it!" Wrong attitude.......I will reach out to him, to start with. Steve......................