Sealine-X for core?

hermit

Hey guys I'm looking for a leadcore reel and I want a high speed retrieve. A $150+ reel like the Saltist is too rich for my blood but I might be able to swing the low 100's since as I've got a few months to plan and shop. The Sealine-X series has caught my eye, wondering if anyone has run one with leadcore. I'm looking at the 40 size for the Fingers. #SL-X40SHA. Any thoughts on this reel? Thanks

Alec

Do yourself a favor and also check out the Convector series from Okuma. They will be right in your price range. They use the same drag washers(which I feel are the best in the industry) in the convectors as they do in the higher end models. I have used Convectors and Catalinas for many years and they are very reliable. A 30 size will be just fine for up to 5 colors, a 45 perfect for up to 10 colors. Best of luck with your choice.

Do yourself a favor and also check out the Convector series from Okuma. They will be right in your price range. They use the same drag washers(which I feel are the best in the industry) in the convectors as they do in the higher end models. I have used Convectors and Catalinas for many years and they are very reliable. A 30 size will be just fine for up to 5 colors, a 45 perfect for up to 10 colors. Best of luck with your choice.

:yes:

This will be used as a longer core rod, 5-10 so the high speed would be good. I like the regular Sealines so will probably give this a shot as it's one of the cheaper high speed reels. Looking like either this or a regular Sealine. Was hoping someone had used one... hoping it's a similar quality.

Thanks for the input!

Alec

Alec - I've used the regular (older model) Sealines for 10 color and they work good but the retrieval rate is not really like an Okuma Clarion or other high speed retrieve rate reel but it is still very workable. Another one with a little better retireval rate that I have is the Penn 310i with a power handle on it and it works great for a 10 color leadcore rig and you may be able to find a used one on the Internet very reasonable! Les

Thanks all. At least I've got a few months to figure this out and compare features, maybe get a sale somewhere. Maybe just wait a little longer and go Saltist. Been using an old Penn Surfmaster but it's in pretty rough shape and doesn't hold more than 7 colors.

Sk8man I hear you on the Sealines I have two for dipseys and don't like putting them out past 200... I'll do it of course but I'm not a fan. Got my first 6.2 casting reel last year and liked it so much I'd like fast retrieve on all the trolling gear eventually.