TX 44 and Copper

Like Jason said put a few feet of 30 to 40 lb mono between the braid and copper where the boards hooks on line, or you will lose your gear with the big in lines. You can run otter boards or big boards on inside and run other in lines back and around outside of big boards. We usually run all inlines tx 44 inside with long copper and 5 shorter rigs outside, lots of days with 12 boards out.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

• 4 weeks later...

I started running the TX 44 last year & they pulled the 300's, 400's & 500's with ease. Now teaching clients how to reel them in is a learning curve in it's own...but as others have said you have to point the rod tip right at the board until it gets to the boat & then it's game on! I did loose a 300 copper as we had a King make a hard run & the client pulled , causing the board to dive...& ultimately broke off....

we were able to swing around & get the board once it floated back up....minus 300 copper...:(

def going to set up with the mono inbetween this year.

I was thinking for my 1000 copper I might take the wire off my elec rigger and use that . Attach a snubber and all I would have to do is hit the button when the fish hits. I have auto stop so I could take a nap when the  I'm bringing him in.Anyone else have the same idea?