Upgrade from a LGC2000 to a LGC4000 GPS puck

High Bidder

Would there be any advantage to upgrading my Lowrance GPS puck to a 4000 series? I have a 7500c Globalmap which also runs my Simrad AP24. It works OK but it does have a variation to the actual course of about 50 to 100 ft. I notice this when going thru the channel it shows me going on land to the left side. I know it would take an adapter cable but it should connect with the existing unit. On the newer units you can adjust for the variation but I am not ready to upgrade the whole system since this year I have to buy a Fish Hawk.

Thanks

High Bidder

My experience with a LGC2000 was that they were very unreliable. After going through three of LGC2000's along with downtime and time on hold with Lowrance, I went to the LGC4000 when that became available. Have been running that at least two years with no problems. My opinion is if you have an LGC2000 that works you are probably lucky. Making the switch from an uptime standpoint probably worth considering. When the 2000's failed there was no warning. Would work one day then not acquire satellites the next.

My 2000 went flakey on me last year. Lucky it was my last week of the season. Started cutting in and out and then just went. Had it for 5 yrs. and was told they had a lot of trouble with the 2000 and I must have been one of the lucky ones. Got the new 4000 and adapter cable in the mail today. Can't wait to try it.