marking fish suspended cant get bit?

im trolling in 50ft of water with stick bait in planner and 2 spoons off of riggers as i fish alone most of the time. im going 2.3- 2.6 mph not moving rods maybe one a day if im lucky. i watch boats all around me catch fish any ideas on what im doing wrong? im marking steady fish at 15-20 ft down

How does your speed seem to compare to theirs? You may be going a bit fast for this time of year Try 1.9 to 2.3 for starters. How far back and how deep are you running your lines? Try running them further back at about 125-200ft in the clear water. Try going on diagonals from close in (e.g. 10ft of water) out to deeper water. Do "s" patterns in your trolling. put your motor in neutral every once in a while briefly and then give it a little gas sometimes they will hit with the change of speed. If it is dead calm try "rocking" the boat as you troll. Change lures frequently (type, size and color) and change the running depth each time too until you start hitting them. Run your boards as far from the boat as practical (depending on boat traffic etc). If all that doesn't work...try fishing in a different area.

Edited by Sk8man

Try to relate your speed/ direction to the boats catching fish.  Sometimes fish will hit in a certain direction or speed.  If your trolling body baits make sure they are running "true" especially for reef runners.  My advice is dont be afraid to ask for tips and buy a good pair of binoculars.  

I also fish solo most of the time out of Rochester or Braddocks Bay.I usually start with 3 different presentations, one off the board, lead core or top line, one off the rigger , and one off the wire diver. As stated above, change up speed, trolling direction and lure depth frequently until you start to ger bit. With only 3 rods out, I opt for long leads when fishing high in the water column with the clear water and flat, sunny conditions we've been having lately.

Some times the fish are just plain "turned off"... I recall reading about one of the Pro Am weekends either last year or the year before, some of the Pro boats came in with empty coolers, As a weekend warrior who only gets to fish 2-3 times a month, I don't get upset if I have a bad day knowing that the best fishermen on the lake struggle from time to time

I'll be out of Rochester Monday morning......  looking for kings..

Jim S.