Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Lol fire was the only light I had last night. The high winds shut the power down lol...I was going to go out today but same conditions apply so it looks like tomorrow. Last report indicated steel heads at 225 feet , 25 down off the ball...Big ones!

See you all on the water this weekend. Happy fathers day lol...

Well its a stiff west wind today...I drove down to the lake to check it out, Its brewing but you can get out now. be careful out there. Im gonna try later tonight

We had a good day Sunday morning.  Set up by about 5:15. had the 1st hit by 5:20.  Mix of steelie, lakers and a King. East of the chute.  160-230 FOW down 15-50 feet.  All spoons.  Black magic and the wrecking ball the 2 hot spoons for us. Seemed to shut down for us about 11 so we trolled by in to the chute.

Well... sounded like some caught some and others didnt. We were humbled. Went 1 for 3 with a nice steelhead. Couldn't get it dialed in. Three completely different spoons at very different depths over very different FOW. All three fish came with nothing on the screen... at least we got the kinks out of our salmon gear. Lol

Randy

Proud to say im in the didnts lol. I went this morning for a couple of hours, didnt move  a rod lol...Fish are at 150 right on top. Others working around me did well. Steelheads, lakers occasional king etc....It was an early bite this am. Im gonna give it another shot tomorrow but beautiful day on the lake for sure ...

Talk about floating on glass...Boy was it calm today. Once again some did and some didnt.  Im on the didnt lol. But they are there, 150 fow, down 25, mostly spoons is what was caught on today. Small to mid size steelheads. i gave it a good two hours and had enough , I had sun to lay around in  lol.

Lets see what tomorrow brings with these storms moving thru...

• 2 weeks later...

Yawnnnnnn lol....It has been slow lol. How slow?? so slow this thread went to the middle of the second page thats how slow it is.

The lake has been beautiful...for swimming lol. Its been a sheet of glass and even the charter captains are coming in with just some bass and a few browns.  People have gone out for hours with nothing. Some caught a couple of small kings 60 feet down , 70 fow just beyond the 2nd bluff and thats that.

Typical june. Thing should pop up shortly.....but hey...dont let that ruin your 4th fishing, things can change in a heartbeat like they did two years ago....

The browns are available in 30'-50' fow off Moon Beach and 9-Mile Point. Did 4 last night the best being around 13#. All spoon bite on 5 color and 7 color cores. Water temp down 30' was 50 degrees.in 40 fow. They're laying on the bottom in that shallow water. Just have to get them when they come up a bit at dawn and dusk. Tight lines...8-]

-Steve D

Edited by Valinote

Well look at the bright side..your saving gas lol. Fishing is non existent and if anyone tells you different they must have taken in too much gun powder from all the fireworks last night lol. You basically had about an hour yesterday before it kicked up to 3+ out beyond. I woke up this morning and could still hear the water, Same conditions will apply today, hopefully the wind calms down for tonights fireworks in the bay...

10303471_4306944569732_88469162885771324

You want my suggestion....Here it is lol...

10455638_4306944449729_42534284655407693

I was out in the bay today trying to catch some alewives for my cut bait supply; but the water was too muddy. Chillin' is about the only thing we can do until things set down a bit. Seems like over the years, more often than not, the weekend of the 4th has been a blow off. Guess I'll take your suggestion and have a beverage until the fireworks start...8-]

-Steve D

Yea they were not bad, the wind did calm out so everyone could enjoy them. I basically went out just beyond the marina entrance to watch them.

Lets see what today brings fishing wise. It seems like its calmed down....

The B.A.R. None went out Early Sunday am. All we can say is Moonshine Flounder Pounder! 65' down over 200'FOW. Went 5 for 6 on kings with 3 majors. Also took a small king 80' down on white/green dot SD w Hammer fly. Out in front on a west troll. Kept 3 and released 2 and lost one at the boat. Back at it next weekend if the Lady O lets us...

Well the storm did help the fishing cause theres guys coming in with them. Browns were out at 60 28-30 down and kings coming in from 200, 60 down. Mostly spoons. Mostly browns are being caught as of the last two days. Lets see what the weekend brings...

I'll be up tomorrow afternoon to go out for the nite bite. Glad to hear the browns are still in. But it's finally time for us to put the spring tackle away and get out the big guns for salmon season! See you on the water...8-]

-Steve D

Welp theres basically a few channels we work on.

05 which charter captains and locals like to use

68 which is a general common channel

72 which captns and others use frequently.

I used 05 up till last year when they had problems with the channel. This year ive been mostly 0n 68

Bayside does have a number but if you break down I would jump on 68 and ask for help that way. You will not have any issues getting assistance around here. Were all pretty in tune to that stuff...

Went out this morning and did well 180'-230' fow wandered out to 500' and back midday but not much going on out there for us. 3 majors, a skippy king, 2 fat lakers, and a decent steelhead. It was a dipsey day for kings, 200 back hammertime sd pulling a green atomik took two majors a skip and two drops. The other king hit 243 dipsy white sd pulling a blue bw twinkie rig. Took a fat mudchicken on the same. The other laker smacked a captain V sd pulling a bw mountain dew meatrig 80' down. The steelhead hit a diehard stinger slider and put on a great aerial show.post-151524-14052165474629_thumb.jpgpost-151524-14052165474629_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app