RUFF RIDER Live Report Sodus 6/1-6/2

Launch was fine, but fishing was ok. Ran the usual king se up for the firstWhat web site has free tv shows to stream? few hours with nothing. Switched to the steelie program and boated two small ones and lost a couple nicer fish. Finally worked the bottom in 130 FOW and picked two 10 lbs lakers.

Sorry about the random sentence in there these iPhones have a mind of their own.... Anyways we had an amazing screen all day long in 130-170 FOW, huge arcs and massive bait balls. Steelies hit dream weaver super slims in orange and lakers on cow bells pullin flies

post-147172-13704721032948_thumb.jpg

post-147172-13704721233055_thumb.jpg

post-147172-13704721493068_thumb.jpg

I can't wait to start hitting some steelies!  Glad to see you getting into a few LakerTaker!

I watched over an hour of underwater footage from last week.... I put the gopro down 30ft where we were seeing small mark after small mark... all I saw was lots of green water.  I'm pretty sure all of those marks were nothing more than dense pockets of algae/plankton.  Now I feel stupid for targeting them all morning haha.

Nick

Well I can sleep better now......thanks for the research and report!

You and me both!  It was really bugging me that I couldn't get any of the rods to fire with mark after mark going buy.  Then I thought, hmm maybe it's shad or something.  I saw some really big ones in wilson when I was over there.  But nope, nada, nothing... so we had cotton, biting flies, and fish ghosts last weekend... I sure hope when I get back up there in a few weeks that at least 2 of the 3 are gone!

Nick

I think we have all fished those marks and wondered WTH.....

Makes you think twice about fishing the screen, versus fishing the down temps and what your gut tells you with "hooks" vs "marks"...

and cotton and flies will be gone! :thinking: