RUFF RIDER Live Report Sodus 6/1-6/2

I had to give up on any top lines with leadcore.... Threw out more dipsy's, long lead divers with spoons to try and cover top 30 feet of water… And they never took a shot. I focused all spoons and FF down under 70' today and only the deep stuff took hits. Fishing was very concentrated in 100-130fow and a flury of 4fish came in 125' fow in a span of 30 mins.

Rainy day today. Talked to a few on the lake and the cotton is terrible still and the fishing still slow.

In good news, the water level in the bay is way up. Higher than last summer for sure.

We saw that Captain Jacks does breakfast now, so we gave it a try. They serve it in their banquet room which is like a large sunroom overlooking the bay. It was fun watching the boats come and go, real good place for the kids and significant others. Food was decent and cheap.

Last night we tried to eat at Abe's Waterfront. It's really turned more into a bar scene (not our type of thing), with a pretty expensive menu... think steaks and seafood for $15-20 a plate. No more burgers, sandwiches, etc. It was loud as hell in the restaurant. We were seated and told of the long list of specials, then told most of them they were out of (it was 8pm). We asked for lobster bisque, out of it... we asked for clam chowder, out of it... we asked for calamari, out of it... the waitress told us they were pretty much out of all food. We ended up leaving and eating at Jacks. We'll have to try again in a few weeks.

Forgot to take pics, sorry!

Nick

Sorry lost cellular capabilities. Most fish came on any spoon green, black and silver. NBK, die hard, green glow ....ect. never had a board go. Towards the end got into a group of young king up high. Finished 9 for 14. Only kings boated.

We were seated and told of the long list of specials, then told most of them they were out of (it was 8pm). We asked for lobster bisque, out of it... we asked for clam chowder, out of it... we asked for calamari, out of it... the waitress told us they were pretty much out of all food. We ended up leaving and eating at Jacks. We'll have to try again in a few weeks.

Forgot to take pics, sorry!

Nick

Nick,

I am not a fan of bashing places based on one experience but I must say.... We have gone there 4 times so far this year and they have screwed up the order every single time. The first time they sent out two orders of chicken fingers that were just Black. burned to a crisp. How could the cook not see that and why would the waitress even bring them out? 2nd time, we sat outside and it took about 40 minutes to get our food. In the meantime it got very dark out and no one would turn on the lights. I started eating my "veal parm" and realized it was chicken about 4 bites into it. 3rd time the girl screwed up our drink orders and something else... but I forget. Then on Saturday we go and I see someone at another table eating this kick ass looking salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, and chicken on top. I ask "what is that". The waitress says it is the Greek Salad. Doesn't look like the Greek salad as described on the menu. But we order it and say :make it just like that one" Salad comes and it is a Ceasar salad. No tomatoes, no cucumbers...nothing. My buddy and his daughter also ordered soup as an appetizer and other stuff as an entree. He asked that the soups comes out first. Nope. She brought the soups with the entrees at the same time.

I'll try it again there but it will most likely be at the end of the summer. I have had nothing but good meals and good service next door. And the service is wayyyyy faster for some reason. 

I hear ya Wayne.  Hopefully it's just them getting up to speed this year and they're just starting to get into the swing of things.  It is frustrating though when you're tired after a day of fishing and something so easy gets messed up.

Coopers opened back up this year as well, so we'll have to try that place out...