Cannon DR base plate question

DannyL

I bought two used Cannon Dr`s and I think they are 10`s. My Islander already had two base plates on the back, but the bottom that came with the 10`s is a square block and is alot smaller than the plate.

This is what on the boat:

http://img.myshopping.com.au/rsz400/cache/2495/FE/3C8E8A5319EFB30228F08D408F13015EE16069.jpg?aHR_cDovL1d1dy3qdXN_Ym7hdGluZy3jb0_uYXUvaW-hZ0VzL1Byb0R-Y1RzbGFyZ0UvNWY_M0U3MzEtMzZhNC__NTE3LTkyYmEtOWE2YWJhMGZiNDYzXzEuanBnCS6yNDk-L_ZFLzNDOEU2QTUzMTlFRkIzMDIyOEYwOEQ_MDhGMTMwMTVFRTE0MDY3LmpwZwAA

And this came with the DR`s:

http://www.neobits.com/images/tr8734250/22/2207323.jpg

What do I need to "fix" the issue?

Thx

Danny

Yes ! bases on the boat are for Easitroll Manual series - use the one's that came with the riggers!

Mounting hole pattern should be the same for both! It's a process of removing the one's on the boat

and replacing with the one's that came with the riggers! You may need eight ( 8) longer 1/4 x 20 bolts

and maybe new self locking nuts! You shouldnt't have to drill any new holes assuming you want the

new riggers in same positions on the boat as the old one's were!

yes the mounting holes on the low profile swivel base line right up with the hole pattern in the high profile rigger bases you have, so it's a direct bolt on.

Tim

Edited by Tim Bromund

DannyL....

I ended up buying stainless steel low profile bases for my Cannons. I had SEVERAL of the plastic/lexan bases crack and got concerned enough to splurge on the SS bases. 

The bases are really pricey so I figured if I had to spend a fortune, I would spend the extra and get the guaranteed good ones.