Anyone fish the Chemung ?

Dick

Where = look for deep holes with lots of cover.  Rule of thumb is if there are no snags there are no walleye.  Fish will leave cover at night to forage.  If fishing is slow, you hit the wrong night.  Don't give up on it.  They won't eat everyday.

How = Best bet to get a walleye in the summer is to throw rapalas late at night or really (pre dawn) early in the morning in pool areas like I mentioned above.  They'll move away from the cover at night.  There eyes glow in bright light so you can probably see them in the shallows with a spot light.  They move in under cover of darkness to feed.  Thats why you use surface lures and rapalas.

Live bait.  They eat just about everything. 

Ya better stay home for a week or two and sharpen hooks ..1in of downpour yesterday 1to 2 more expected today.. typically 1 in rain = 1 ft river rise..very muddy now ... Ive got 3 canoes so if yer outa town and wanna borrow one or 3 give a call.769 7947

I think anybody wishing to fish southern tier rivers better hold off Im on the Susquehanna, and check it daily and from my experience itll be at least a week as it hadn't crested yet as of last night. I do know one regular who fished some flooded timber two nights ago for eyes near RBD and caught a few smallies in chocolate eddies behind the trees.

justin