Otisco lake walleye 7-7 back on!

Put the boat back on Otisco after some maintenance and fishing Cayuga, Owasco and Dorchester, and first cast we were in the bass till dusk and I had to drive away from the spot to get my son to stop so we could start our evening walleye troll.  I was laying my third line and fish on.  Lost my biggest walleye of the year at the boat, but we were on em!  2 nice fat walleyes including a personal best for my son at 24"!  Three bites in less than an hour on the same gold clown reef runner is a FRENZY at Otisco.  Finally they are back on pattern exactly the same as last July.  June was awful, but great start to July.  Had to quit as the weather was very nasty.  Gonna a try tonight again, and have to go back and clean up our mess on the boat anyway, looks like a bomb went off.  I guess it did in the form of weather.   

justin

Edited by justtracytrolling

Nice going Justin. Good too that you are showing your son the ropes....we need more kids out there fishing instead of being glued to the video games and TV....it can be the "gift of a lifetime".  Having some walleyes in the frying pan doesn't hurt either in terms of bonding :)

Holy Walleye Justin, that sounds like a dream, Really that is great that your old notes hold true for you, I know I have a book filled with what worked where and colors and so on, but sounds like the boys hade fun and that to me is just as important, I have twin girls who love to fish off dads boat. They think there are King $hit when they are with me and that makes me proud, they love to fish you can't pry them off the water, I just hope it stays that way. Please keep us posted on the walleye bite on Otisco. Thanks Justin for sharing that with us. PAP.