Experiment on Canandaigua today

Well, I'm convinced that the lake is dead :)  RIP.....I went out at 615 AM and trolled until 11:30 AM - caught 2 small rainbows  both on downriggers at 50 ft over 110 or so. Also had 2 hits one on Spin Doc wire rig and one on downrigger... both were gone before could leave my seat.  I decided to test out an Idea I've had for awhile to get my wire rig away from the boat (back especially and to the side as well). I used  a home made release that I used to use years ago  for stackers to attach it to the 30 lb 7 strand with a yellow balloon at the other end of the release . in a way that wouldn't damage or kink the line. Unfortunately I didn't get anything on the rig to fully test it out but  it worked very well to get the wire out of the way of my downriggers etc.

Here' what it looked like:

After that I figured I'd do it up big time so here is what that looked like: :lol:

post-145411-0-07269100-1375212949_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-08140500-1375212962_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-09032900-1375213020_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

We have also been fishing this lake almost every weekend since may and the bite just has not been there. We have tried everything. The only thing we have not done is fish another lake so skin man are you running the same program on Seneca and producing? If you want you can pm me. Thanks