Otisco 7-31 slow night to end a fantastic month

justtracytrolling

Took my son's bass fishing partner out trolling last night in hopes of some action as he brought his gopro setup to video.  Needless to say it was about the slowest trip of the month.  We only managed 4 bites, and 2 were little browns we didn't even hook. Fortunately the other two were a 5-6 lb smallie and a 21" eye on the way way in off the riggers.  I didn't do well filming him, driving, and netting, but if there is any decent footage ill post it.  Weeds were only bad where I was marking as luck would have it, but the smallmouth was his biggest ever and the eye wasn't too shabby though he did better last year with us.  LOU member rnsurfnturf joined us for the last bit and as usual worked his tail off with the weeds...I didn't do him any favors as I got more and more into the weeds as the night went on trying to prevent the skunk on eyes.  Finished the month with 2 days on Cayuga, 1 on owasco, 1 on Whitney point res, and 15 days on Otisco and caught walleyes on all but 1 Otisco trip, and had no skunks if you count a nice owasco bluegill trolling.  The July highlight was Tracy's  monster tiger,  but just getting all of our friends and family in on the action does it for me.  Id like to think I helped out a few others along the way too.  Almost went tonight with my son, but we are on our way down to the Susquehanna tonight as we stopped and checked a couple holes on the way home from work and the level and flow is right for musky, walleye, and smb in my favorite stretch.

My Lou app is struggling but Ill try to get a few pics from last night up when I get home.

Justin