How old?

Tomb

Thanks for the input guys...good luck in the woods this year!

Maybe I'll get lucky and have a close up picture of him on the ground in a few weeks :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

I tried cropping it a bit..

Good gene 1.5 yrs. old. I shot one like that 2 years ago on our property and regret every second of it.

How about this one?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The last picture looks like he is 3.5yrs. The other ones look like they are 2.5 yrs. old.

I'm with Ray on aging those deer. I have a 5.5 year old, a 3.5 year old, and a good gene 2.5 year old on my wall and they all look about right for yours.

Here is a 3.5 and a 4.5. I key in on the roman nose and grey face as mentioned above and the body/neck not horns.

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Roman nose is key to aging deer.  The bigger the bump the older the deer.  Grey can be a little deceiving as I have had piebald with lots of grey and only be 2.5 yrs old.

Edited by Chas0218

Roman nose is key to aging deer. The bigger the bump the older the deer. Grey can be a little deceiving as I have had piebald with lots of grey and only be 2.5 yrs old.

Not all older deer have roman noses. And hair color is the poorest indicator of age. The only way to know how old a deer is to kill it and have the teeth examined by a reputable lab. Anything else is just a guess.