Otisco 8-10

justtracytrolling

Had a solid morning on my boat. We got 2 nice eyes early on riggers, a 20 and a 22. Bubba and his son each got 1. His son Garrett lost a taxidermy walleye just outta reach. If he had polarized glasses hed still be crying....lol. He really struggled with the fish and tried to pass it off as he was worried about losing it, but Im not a fan of taking rods away from kids just cuz its big. He dipped the rod at the end a bit and I watched her roll away. Had 2 hit and runs, a brown and a nice catfish...go figure kevin...tim thought it was another big eye and so did I...super bowl to toilet bowl. All fish were 3+ gps and on perch rapalas. Only rods that didnt produce were 2 core rods.

Justin

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-151276-13761506899756_thumb.jpg

The only good daytime trolling for eyes that ive had is a reaction bite on Otisco. Its been 6 weeks since I caught an eye that didnt have a shrivelled stomach. I have just been using my reaction bite program at first and last light as its even better then. The water is down to 71 degrees so the reaction bite isnt great. If the water is over 80 its better. If we dont get some warm weather the fall pattern will be early...reaction bite is fast trolling at precise depths...the cooler the water the closer you have to get the bait to the fish. Not sure about worm harnesses as I have pulled one since may.

Justin

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They just don't feed much all summer and I hear the same from everybody, and most don't believe me on how I catch them.  Worms work for a couple guys but Ill take 3mph over 1mph.  Otisco is very humbling, which on the other hand makes it more rewarding too!

justin