Lighthouse results?

apb

The lake dished out a tough day of fishing but with the luck of my friend and his boy we were able to land 6 lakers two small salmon and one slob 8lb 2 oz (male) laker that took the grand prize.   Thanks so much to all the people that post on this site. My learning curve has been a tough one but I do love Cayuga and all it has to offer.   Mikey also took first in the youth division and he had a great day with his dad and myself.    Buying more fishing stuff YEA BABY!  

post-150622-0-62949300-1376177632_thumb.jpg

Tough fishing for sure. Cayuga did not give them up willingly. We fished out of Long Point, figured that was safer bet with wind forecast, didn't matter, got snotty up there too as soon as wind kicked up. We couldn't buy a fish on the dipsys or core, but finally got triggers to start firing. Managed 1 laker that would have landed Kade second in youth but dad didn't think it was big enough and sent home, 1 pretty little brown, 5 cookie cutter salmon, and 4lb 8oz salmon that got us first place for the silver's woooohoooo!!!! Great day on our boat! Kade is already countin the days til B&B derby.

Kyle

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Here we go Ed....Launched out of Taughannock about 5 am....  gingerly heading northeast trying to keep an eye out for any floating cars or trees...splash down as soon as I could see my #2 swivels....trolled north for quite a bit when I started wondering if I was near any good spots...saw Billy V cruising by then he stopped up ahead a ways.....hmmmmmm....this is a very good sign!!!  Maybe if I keep him in sight I will do ok :bandit: ..... :) .....have only fished Cayuga once a few years ago so I really didn't have much to go on.....grass was pretty bad...fleas were not at all...never moved a rod till 8:00 am then it was one laker after another for about 45 minutes...about 9 am the wind was getting a little to much to bear fishing solo in the 18 footer...head to the west side for calmer waters... which I found for a little while ....work around the jiggers  while the wind kept building...not as much grass at all...steady pick of smaller lakers...hit a nice chubby salmon(dinner last night :yes: )by now the wind is absolutely howling and the temps are screwed up from the surface water bouncing off the break walls...fishing tight for browns....still catching a fish or two but presentation is lackluster for any derby contenders...finally gave it up about 2:45pm...took a swim then headed to the launch....average round of pleasure boat launch people that do not have a clue and all the time in the world while plugging up the ramps :shake: ..... .good results for the day considering the lack of Cayuga time,  weeds and the wind.....wire dipsy never budged... work horse spoon on the rigger...Finger lakes tackle King of sting... It will be good to get back to Lady Seneca where I know the nooks and crannies!!!

Congrats Nautitroller,  Mikey  Bobber  and Kade for making it happen on a less than ideal day... :yes:  :yes:  :yes: :yes:

Edited by apb

Nice report Andy...........

Nautitroller WTG it doesn't get much better than that great times to llok back on when ya get Ole and grey like Les.....er some old guys on here...............

Bobber alway great to read a report from you and Kade ....... and a derby winning fish WOW !!!! 

great job all

Congrats Nautitroller! ...you sure are having a great season on Cayuga! Congratulations to Bobber and Kade too...it sure sounds as though everyone that participated really earned their fish with that weather....derbies sure sort out the "hard core" folks from the fair weather fishermen :)

Andy....something to be said for the "home water" advantage :)  Lets hope next years Seneca Derby does it for us :lol:

Thanks Les. I have put lots of time in on Cayuga over the years just never had a big enough boat or the right equipment(until this year).  This site has been a huge advantage to help out my learning curve.  Added a new Okuma convector cv30D reel and a wire roller  pole rigged with Malin SS line. Can't wait to try out my new dipsy rig. The numbers show it should be able to get 100' deep with 300' of line out with a number 1 dipsy.   Hills and Valleys rocks for their selection!  Any one been back out on Cayuga? Has it cleared up at all?  May make my way to Lodi this weekend!  Good fishing all!  

Johnny Wild

Copy, that must feel like pulling in a car door the number ones are heavy enough!  :lol:  I just have found that most lakers were biting from 70' to 85' down, anyone have info on how much light is down at 100'? Can't be much.  I have caught a few that deep but the majority have been above that depth.  Glow stuff i guess.??

In mid April when my fish camp opens up and I fished for lakers did them from 120' down to 165' on dodger peanut , green/yellowish dodger some glow peanut some the same color as the dodger......... also John King has come out with a dipsy digger that gets your mag dipsy deeper with out as much line out , that must be like pulling TWO car doors in.............. :lol: