Otisco 8-11

justtracytrolling

Well the summer pattern is fading fast...last night was slow and weedy! We struggled for 1 bite and I lost it trying to keep tension as it swam at us. Fish turned and I ripped the hook like a idiot.

This morn we got 4 eyes and my first sub legal walleye ever at Otisco. Garret got his first tiger only a 24 or so...and yes I know his dad is holding it wrong, but given the little size it was a good release.

Only ended up with 12 lbs in 3 fish this morn...1 more morning this week and off to tupper thurs! Have to say bubba played a barely hooked 5 pounder to perfection and I netted it just in time. Bite is very tough right now and we really earned every fish all weekend. If the heat doesnt turn on it wont be great till fall pattern sets in....I think ill be able to get a few fishing 4am to 6am...evening bite is even more off.

Justin

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-151276-13762437335394_thumb.jpg

Kevin I envy your geography...We get some good fall walleye fishing in the Susquehanna, but its the summer fishing I love. I love the heat and sun and Otisco is a great summer lake...especially for me. Bow season will be here before you know it, and its about cool enough to run my hound already (we run coyotes all winter). I gotta get up to try the salmon, and Quinte well what can I say...that's just a dream right now. I have been taking people out for over a month trying to guage if chartering is what I want to do and if Im good enough. This weekend at Tupper has me excited to fish...as much as I love watching and helping others put fish in the boat, nothing beats the challenge of trying to get big walleyes on new water.

justin