Seneca 9/9/2013 NAFC Finger Lakes Meet with Da TIE

GO RABBIT!

I'm sitting here with coffee in the thermos boat all hitched up and ready to go and my son called and he's been up all night sick (20 miles from here) and won't be able to make it today.... guess it is now either go solo or scrap it for anther day....haven't made up my mind which yet....always something :) The four wheel drive has been acting up so towing to Ontario and Seneca are out....only 5 min. from launch here....time for a coffee to wake my azz up. :lol:

Good luck Ed!

Looks like a solo trip on Canandaigua today.

After going outside to the boat I have reconsidered....south wind blowing like hell here (up about a thousand feet off the lake)  There is always another day...and besides I don't want Ed to feel bad if I had caught more fish with my "girly" lures :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

We're back , it was close to DA skunk only one small 15" brown put back after a quick check with the  tape ....wind honk'n got worst , working shaols blow , skidded , into shallower water thanI wanted  rigger ballls close to hitting....... so after the second time on that we called it......ruff ride back to shore..... and tricky getting boat back on trailer.......wawawa........ :lol: .......sucking down coffee now to darn ruff to drink it on the water......

..... got back out about 3ish for round two...... looked fishable...... then wind kicked back up so we pulled thing up and headed south to put waves at our back and fish back to launch.......nothing wanted to what we had down and screen didn't look to bad so started changing and and changing .....finnally got a laker to take the Bull Froggy Frog glow .......boxed a 23.5" , 4.5# laker and that was it......atleast it was a PB for Pete he is a expert at catching DINKS ....so it didn't take much..... :lol: ......

post-139487-0-41836300-1378770833_thumb.jpg

and DA TIE !!!!!!

post-139487-0-73237400-1378770856_thumb.jpg

Pete was not sure he wanted to go back out today so when I got up at 5:15 am I just hung around played a little on the puter...... kinda check out the forcast for the next few days and it looked IFFY at best.........so I got stuff around and went down to his tent site and we went out........ met a guy from the park here at the launch talked a little told him my plan and headed out....... didn't work out some fish around but not active so went to plan B......no hurry so we trolled across too the west side.......  changed spoons out just before we got to the area I wanted to work....... 81' rigger starts to throb a bit I jump on it reel down pop it free ........fish on......pass rod to Pete after a nice bow clears the water on a Bull Froggy Frog Glow...... works it in and into the net...... new PB for him 20" , 4.5# rainbow....... alright do matter much to me if we do any more or not , he lands two fish so far and has two new PB....... clear thing up fish on ice a few good pictures and we turn and go back thru ( never move a rod today going south )........ make the swing and pass back thru again in the north troll close to where that rod fired it goes again........salmon on in the net  , new PB again......19.25" salmon and 2.5# ........whoa !!!!! there goes the middle rod down 61' with a dirty spoons with red dots...... 17" or so rainbow put him back.......make next pass have a BFFG on the 81' rigger and the 71' rigger , dirty spoon still on the 61' rigger ....... 71' rigger fires Pete get on it good fish ...... gets it in so we can see the barrel swivle and FISH OFF.............starting to get HOT sun is now out and clouds have cleared out so we work farther north........ that's when we run into a HUGE bait pod........ anyway decided to head back across trolling and about halfway 71' rigger goes Pete's on it a REEL good fish again comes up on top makes a roll , I didn't see the fish just the water anyway it getting in the middle of the spread and I need to make a turn to get him back where we need him to get him in the net........fish -off !!!!  too greeny mistakes lost both of those fish for Pete but I hope he will remenber next time what he did wrong !!!!!!

Bull Froggy Frog Glow

post-139487-0-01766000-1378927701_thumb.jpg

post-139487-0-70481400-1378927769_thumb.jpg

post-139487-0-46152200-1378927875_thumb.jpg

post-139487-0-66764200-1378927908_thumb.jpg

Nice healthy looking fish....good going Ed! Lawn work was calling me today....and tomorrow looks real "iffy" with "thunderstorms some severe" predicted. I'm anxious to get back out and try a couple of new "girly" lures :lol:

Les

Edited by Sk8man

Good Luck when you get out Les....... Just got back in Frank pulled in to camp today was set up and lake didn't look too bad so I went up to my camp checked radar and got boat ready....... anyway the storm came in faster than it looked like it would and we not only got the SKUNK in the boat we got TOTALLY wet....... just took a warm shower and feel much better now...... I should have know better we were just missing one going thru and the wind changed ...... picked up pretty good ( Hell-O time to get off the water ) no I keep trolling BAM... !!!!!  Ok that's enough of this ..... pulled lines and went in...... looked like it was about over when we were close to the point so I said what do you think Frank give it a go and stay close..... He said OK !!!!!  BAM...... I think someone telling us to get off the water,...... so we did..... :P

Got Out this morning with Scott and DA TIE....... did three browns , three lakers , a small 17" bow , lost a landlock at the boat and two hits with no one home...... First fish was the bow 81' down on the BFF glow spoon , did a three pound 20" brown on a alpa glow alwife 51' down , the three lakers came on I think it's a evil glow goby...... then the big brown came on a alpa glow alwife 61' down............. the only things we boxed were the browns..........

003_zps84226cf0.jpg

008_zps7e9a40f1.jpg

011_zps4a584f27.jpg