Otisco 9-20

justtracytrolling

Got out with my buddy jerry about 6 and had a tough night landing fish. Had 2 misses 2 dropped at the boat and 1 nice 25 incher. Both drops were at least as big. Hits were spread out on riggers and boards with rapalas and reef runners. I ran half summer perch pattern rapalas and half fall gold clown reef runners. Fish stayed deep most between 28 to 35 temp was 65. Wont be long now and its gonna be on!

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-151276-13797443244307_thumb.jpg

Nice going Justin. I got up a little while ago and the wind isreally whipping  bad here and the weather report isn't promising so it looks like another weekend spent rigging equipment and doing house stuff :lol:  I'm starting to get the itch for the jumbo perch on the Fingers about now....and it's tough to decide what to fish for about now....thankfully I don't hunt any more so at least its just between the fishing options :) Les

Nice going Justin. I have been chasing geese and visiting grandson so I haven't fished in two weeks. I took my wife for a brief evening cruise and she caught one and dropped one between 5:00 and 5:30 pm which is encouraging. With early goose ending Wednesday and I plan to fish a bit more this week but Canadian duck open snext Saturday and NY dick in two weeks

Fall is a crazy time for me too. I slowed on my fishing to get ready for archery season, but now im ready for both. Ive got 4-5 shooters patterned for evenings just need the wind to cooperate and the deer left alone and next tuesday ill be eating venison! Watched 12 bucks on tuesday and ive barely slept since. Just gotta get the house ready for winter and clean the garage out today and nothing but whitetails and walleyes till december! Justin

Justin,

I was really into the deer and the turkey for a long time but lost access to some nice properties I use to hunt and since I don't have very good areas left I've got into the waterfowl more. A couple years I took deer with bow muzzleloader, pistol, and rifle. I also like the camaraderie of water fowling and my back doesn't bother me as much from sitting in tree stand.

Sounds like you've got them wired not much time for bow season up here. I'll probably sit a few stands! Good luck.

Walleye and White tails is what I call Mountain Mans surf & turf, which in my opinion is better than going to Red Lobster. I personally like the 2 strips that are located on the inside of the back bone, we always called them the chicken strips with fresh walleye, some people go through life with out ever eating the best meats god has put on planet earth

Kevin,

Same thing happened to me and i lost a great lease and had to sell my land when the deer herd crashed in that area. I hunted very little after that, but my son got into it and i found a great farm and havent looked back. The farm i hunt has serious crops and damage so its been great. I grew up with several farm ponds and never could aquire a taste for waterfowl. I have friends with a huge private swamp along the black river near our adirondack house and loved shooting ducks, but as i got older i found it tough to kill and not eat the kill. So now its walleyes n whitetails! If we get good late snow we have phenomenal muzzleloader hunting in heated blinds with comfy chairs, and we cant eat more than 10 or so we quit way before then. Ill keep you in mind as we try to thin as many does as possible. Our best year was 44...i take all our friends and family as we cant kill enough, but we ONLY allow does, and mature bucks. I HOPE to offer working man's hunts as soon as next year. Hunting should be more affordable if we want to pass along our heritage, and land is hard to find. Ill be taking my guide exam next month. Then i need to build a new cabin as our camp is modest at best!

Justin