just upgraded

dick black

Hi, The name is Dick Black, just upgraded today. Have been on the site for a year now and have really enjoyed it. I'm located in the central finger lakes area and also fish Lake Ontario. I am in my mid 60s  so I've seen alot of changes to our sport, I think this web site is a good one. Looking forward to another great year with you all.  Blacky

Welcome aboard, glad you upgraded to pro. Your story sounds a lot like mine. I didn't do it as a status point but rather a show of my appreciation towards the education and friends I made.

I was a bit hesitant to upgrade to the Pro version at first because of the"title" but I then realized it mainly reflects the version of the software features (no adds, additional resources etc.) rather than denoting the person as a fishing "professional" ....I mainly felt the need to contribute to the maintenance cost of the site because of it's value and the fact that Chad works diligently to keep it "top notch". I feel that it is one of the best fishing websites I've ever seen and I gladly support it....best value out there for $20. I also think the other guys out there who are supporting it feel the same way.....it is something that needs to be "kept going" and "thanks" Dick for doing your part.

Edited by Sk8man

It sounds to me like you two suffer from Ed Zachery disease.

In this case, you made Ed Zackery the right call  :lol:

Yeah, bad joke, I know. Ed Zackery is actually a condition pertaining to the relationship between face and posterior in certain afflicted individuals of uncertain appearance. I have several friends who suffer from it...

Kudos on being willing to support stuff you enjoy!!

Bad joke?? what I was referring to was, I lurked around for a while and then joined and the UPGRATED to Pro, ED ZACKERY DISEASE: when you face looks exactly like your A$$. I normally just walk away from this because  MR. Black , deserves better than your Ignorant comment. I see you put jackass smilies on also. So when you pushed send you knew what you were doing. So if you think  Mr. Dick Blacks head looks like his ass and the same with me. I'ts better then being a total ass such as you for posting something Idiotic.

Hi Pap (and Mr. Black)

Please don't take offense where none was intended. I was actually congratulating you guys on doing "exactly" the right thing by upgrading. And having a joke at my friends expense...not yours. My apologies if it caused a misunderstanding. I just re-read what I wrote and realized how bad it sounded. It was purely unintentional. I'd blame it on the internet or lack of sleep and coffee, but I can manage to do this sort of thing in person when I'm wide awake, too...

Again, welcome, and I hope that you can forgive me my miscue.

Gator

Edited by Gator

Pap and Dick - I've had occasion to exchange information with Gator and I assure you he is sincere and a humble fisherman but one who knows his stuff and is a good sportsman....and like a lot of us he jokes around a bit. Take his apology as genuine....he was just messing around and it was misinterpreted. It is one of the disadvantages of using humor online or in emails too. The person on the other end can't see your facial expressions or body language and the humor gets lost in the words alone because our language is very ambiguous.....he was just kidding around as he said. Les

Hi Pap (and Mr. Black)

Please don't take offense where none was intended. I was actually congratulating you guys on doing "exactly" the right thing by upgrading. And having a joke at my friends expense...not yours. My apologies if it caused a misunderstanding. I just re-read what I wrote and realized how bad it sounded. It was purely unintentional. I'd blame it on the internet or lack of sleep and coffee, but I can manage to do this sort of thing in person when I'm wide awake, too...

Again, welcome, and I hope that you can forgive me my miscue.

Gator

Gator I've seen a lot of your post, lots of info and a true fisherman, I looked up to you as you could out fish me any day of the week. I never $hit in your shorts so I was totally taken back!! I know Les was posting as I was writing this so I backed out and read his post and I'm still going to say the same thing anyway, YOUR APOLOGY is accepted. But look at it from my point of view, I didn't even know what the hell Ed Zackery was, once I knew sparks flew out my a$$ I'm sorry for jumping on you with 2 feet, but you have to agree it was a bash in the face to the both of us. I respect Les a lot, he's helped me a lot and I know your a better person. Your friend pap.  Let's bury the hatchet!!!