"heads up" on the Woodville launch (Canandaigua -south end)

Admiral Byrd and I had occasion to launch at the newly refurbished launch a couple days ago with his 19 ft Penn Yan and although the docks are a definite improvement and the fact that they have extended the concrete part of the ramp out (nicely beveled at the end) ....they didn't dredge the depth out far enough and for those folks with larger boats whose motors draft some water (esp. IO's where you can't get the lower unit up as far as most outboards...use caution when launching....this will become even more of a factor in lower lake level times. There is a bottom area (mostly muck but not all) straight out from the center of the launch that comes up pretty good so you may have to get your lower unit up aways to clear it.

Edited by Sk8man

Good eye Sk8 man...

Leave it to the Authorities to put in a ramp...but skip the dredge....uh huh

There used to be a small can just N of the launch and out about 20yds......that may be the rock pile you guys have been in Contact with,.....but mostly mud as you pointed out..!

Yeah,..no fun for the IB/OB 's   be safe..! Go slow and keep em up,.....I can remeber back in the day running in on the Kicker,...winds permitting...!

RK

You're right about the lake level being down right now....but the thing I was referring to is where the dredging ended (too short) at the Woodville launch. You can see it right from the dock that they didn't go out far enough. Mike's comment does serve as a reminder though that the channel at the north end has its concerns as well during low water conditions....I had a $200 prop repair to my SS prop about three years ago because of it (during November). There was a metal object of some kind at the bottom of the center part of the channel  about 100 ft south of the Inn on the lake breakwall.