Chasing has begun!

I was on a roof today installing a new chimney in a suburban area, and I saw a nice 100 - 120 inch buck chasing a doe in the woods behind the house. She was exhausted, tongue hanging and he was really running her all thru the neighborhood. If it was raining i coulda got some good footage, but my phone wasnt on me. Cant wait to get in my stand tomorrow!

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Justin - Should have put a small stand next to the chimney....and said you have to finish up some early morning stuff there on the roof :lol:

Ill be here for a month as its a complete remodel, but cant get 500 feet from a house. Ive shot prob 15 deer over the years from houses ive built or worked on. New construction houses are awesome deerstand/blinds!

Justin

A 23" 10, and a 13 with stickers, have been killed out here in the past week, and they were pushing does.

Both my son and myself have passed on little buggers in the past 3 weekends, hoping their bigger brothers(which we've seen)would be a bit closer.

One is steadily on trees 3" or so, in diameter.

Wish they'd hurry up and shell all the standing corn though.....

My son saw a shooter tonight just outta range and the buck proceeded to chase every doe in the field. Nice of him to clear the field so Cody could get down. Also got 1 new shooter on camera. Ill post some trail cam pics when I get back from camp.

Justin

Mostly smaller 1-1/2yr olds chasing all over this past weekend. Bigger bucks are starting to show themselves during daylight. Rubs and scrapes are increasing as well. Had a young buck walk by 20' away after climbing down from my stand Fri night downwind and acted like I wasn't even there. Hopefully this weekend the bigger bucks will be chasing.

Good luck,

Shawn