Rod storeage

lineman49

I have a walk around cuddy & trailer every where. I normally carry 12 -15 rods in it  any suggestions on how to transport other than throwing the rods in the cuddy piled & tangled up??  I don't want to drill holes through the sides of the cuddy. I was thinking of something like a gun rack or rod rack configuration. Any ideas.  Thanks

I'm looking at this from berts.......http://berts-tackle.shptron.com/p/rod-corral-238-base/rod-corrals?pp=8

The Bert's Rod Corral Spring Lock and Load system lets you easily insert and remove up to 8 rods. Locking mechanism keeps your rods safe and secure in the heaviest seas and while transporting to and from the boat. Converts seat pedestal bases to vertical rod lockers. Keep rods rigged, ready to rock and close at hand!! Adapts to Attwood 238 Seat Pedestal Base. Accomodates ultra-lite rods up to the heaviest salt water rods. Constructed of Stainless Steel, Anodized Alumninum and Marine Grade Starboard ®

The Bert's Rod Corral Spring Lock and Load system lets you easily insert and remove up to 8 rods. Locking mechanism keeps your rods safe and secure in the heaviest seas and while transporting to and from the boat. Converts seat pedestal bases to vertical rod lockers. Keep rods rigged, ready to rock and close at hand!! Adapts to Attwood 238 Seat Pedestal Base. Accomodates ultra-lite rods up to the heaviest salt water rods. Constructed of Stainless Steel, Anodized Alumninum and Marine Grade Starboard ®

gander Mt has rod socks that slide over the rod .  They keep mine from tangling up when on the road.  The two piece rods are broken down and slid in,  They were made for the bass guys I think. 

• 2 months later...

While transporting the boat I put mine on the floor of the boat with the reels towards the cuddy.  My cuddy isn't big enough to fit my 8'6" rods never had any issues. When I'm done I put them back into the barn until I use them again.

Edited by Chas0218